Fuel EXe Error 5401 on trek fuel exe

kerryburn

Jun 12, 2020
stone
Hey guys, I was looking to establish contact with other owners of fuel EXE 9.9 AXS as I’m having trouble with the gear cable that powers the divider and now after a week I’m getting error 5401 to get the bike looked at under warranty, but I was just trying to get a snap count of any other riders that are having problems with this bike specifically, the 9.9 model because of the TQ smart box. Many thanks in advance. Pic attached for ref

clivem25

Mar 5, 2023
Perth Western Australia
Hey guys, I was looking to establish contact with other owners of fuel EXE 9.9 AXS as I’m having trouble with the gear cable that powers the divider and now after a week I’m getting error 5401 to get the bike looked at under warranty, but I was just trying to get a snap count of any other riders that are having problems with this bike specifically, the 9.9 model because of the TQ smart box. Many thanks in advance. Pic attached for ref
Both EX-e's I've tried came up with the 5401 error. Mine, a 9.5, did it intermittently straight off the showroom floor. Shop tried to update the FW but that process failed multiple times so they replaced the display.

Second was a 9.7 we hired for my wife to try which also had the error intermittently. Suspect it was heat related as it only occurred after being in the sun for a bit.

droffsite

Aug 26, 2022
Oregon, USA
I've got a 9.9 AXS that's been great so far. I ended up getting a ShockWiz to get the very stiff fork figured out: ended up setting it 20 pounds below Trek's recommendation. Haven't had a chance to check the rear yet.

The one issue I did have was a creaking/clicking noise under torque that started half way through a muddy ride. Thought perhaps I needed to tighten things per all the early messages. Everything looked good. Left it at the bike shop for a couple days to find out it was just a dry chain.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles