EP800 latest firmware (4.1.5) - "Changes To Internal Parts"

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
I was was wondering same thing. My EP8 motor has same update available. I'll go ahead and update but it would be nice to know what it's actually doing. Shimano could take some lessons from Apple and Android about including more details about firmware updates.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I was was wondering same thing. My EP8 motor has same update available. I'll go ahead and update but it would be nice to know what it's actually doing. Shimano could take some lessons from Apple and Android about including more details about firmware updates.

I think it's just cool that they can upgrade the internal parts in the motor via Bluetooth. That's a real breakthrough. ;-)

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
When it works! I bricked a EW-EN100 unit using Bluetooth and had to have LBS restore the firmware. After that I bought a SM-PCE02 and have never had problems since.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
When it works! I bricked a EW-EN100 unit using Bluetooth and had to have LBS restore the firmware. After that I bought a SM-PCE02 and have never had problems since.

Same. Though now I need an adapter to update stuff with the EW-SD300 cables...and they're sold out across the planet

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles