EP8 motor tune questions

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Hey I was curious to know if you can tune an EP8 motor the same as the orbea rise EP8 rs? I don’t own an ebike yet so I am unaware of the capabilities and tuning you can do within the shimano app.

thanks!

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Yes. You can lower the power output of a regular EP8 to 60nM. You can adjust the motor feel as well. And you can have two profiles in the bike and switch between them on the trail. So you could have one set to full gas and the other to be close to the RS tune and jump between them.

The motor hardware is the same.

You can't increase the EP-8RS to 85nM, unless you de-restrict the bike which will instantly void you warranty. Shimano motors now log changes and de-restriction so they'll know.

Gordon

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
Yes. You can lower the power output of a regular EP8 to 60nM. You can adjust the motor feel as well. And you can have two profiles in the bike and switch between them on the trail. So you could have one set to full gas and the other to be close to the RS tune and jump between them.

The motor hardware is the same.

You can't increase the EP-8RS to 85nM, unless you de-restrict the bike which will instantly void you warranty. Shimano motors now log changes and de-restriction so they'll know.

Gordon
Awesome thanks for the helpful response!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
if you can tune an EP8 motor the same as the orbea rise EP8 rs?

I'm pretty sure you can tune the Orbea any way you want, up to 60Nm. On my Santa Cruz, I have one profile set up to be a little more conservative than the Orbea. I need that for extended rides. I have another profile that goes balls out, for when I don't care how quickly I drain the battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles