• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Emtb insurance?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Wondering why it has changed to ‘Answered’ because one person posted a link to one insurer.

Was hoping for more than one recommendation before the post changes to ‘Answered’.

Cheers.

I thought only the OP could change the post to “answered”?

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I now use John Lewis insurance as someone recommended in the other thread - for me it's a big cost saving compared to having separate policies for home and bike insurance.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Personally I self insure, understand that's not for everyone though.

This is what I have done in the past with all my MTBs and occasionally dirt bikes. Thought i'd have a look at insuring the Kenevo 'as I anticipated it would be cheap for theft only. £250 pa to add to house insurance and £300+ pa with the usual online companies. Will check the other thread now I have more time.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Just yesterday added cover for 2 ebikes and 3 analogue bikes to Aviva house insurance. £21 per year! You don't have to insure each bike separately, they just want to know the price of the most expensive bike.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Just yesterday added cover for 2 ebikes and 3 analogue bikes to Aviva house insurance. £21 per year! You don't have to insure each bike separately, they just want to know the price of the most expensive bike.

That’s the first thing I tried, adding to the house insurance, they want another £200.

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
£21 a year sounds pretty good! I don't have contents insurance either though. I do occasionally review it, but as I live between two rivers, flood risk makes it very expensive. The whole second floor flat thing doesn't really seem to register!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles