EMTB all year round commuter?

Noobster

Aug 12, 2019
Yorkshire
So while waiting for my vitus e sentier I'm wondering if there is anything I should do to protect the bike from winter rain and muck and mud. I understand these bikes are built to deal with all this, but on a daily basis?

We sold my wife's car and now we have 1 family car that she uses to go to work and I'm going to use the e bike. I only work 4 mike's away . But the plan is to use it as a constant commuter and then a bit if fun at the local bike park at the weekend .

Wil it be ok through all the winter grime? Or should I be looking to invest in anything that protects it?

Thanks all.

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
No advice to add but I’m planning on doing exactly the same on my Levo (14mile round commute). So, also interested in any replies ??

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
So while waiting for my vitus e sentier I'm wondering if there is anything I should do to protect the bike from winter rain and muck and mud. I understand these bikes are built to deal with all this, but on a daily basis?

I motofoamed mine around the motor and cables. and also sealed the connector case/cover.
The mudguards keep a hell of a lot of mud/spray off the motor.
it's pretty shocking how badly protected/fitted the frame/motor/battery are. (loads of areas water can get in) and ridiculous that the frame has no cover/guard under the motor.

Road riding: clean/dry and re-lube the chain and clean and dry the cassette/mech/chainring and I just wipe down the frame/fork/wheels with a rag after every wet ride. do this and it'll last as well as any commuter drivetrain ridden at pace throughout all seasons.

Wish I could say the same about Shimano's shitty motor bearings though. My ESentier's E7000 bearings are on their way out already... (creaking like a bastard and showing signs of play)
it's only been (mtb) off road properly 3 times and only been wet washed three times.
it's 6 weeks (600miles ish) old.

FFS!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles