Embracing the dark side. Fully.

RoktMyDog

Feb 23, 2021
USA
60 x around the sun, first mtb was a Rockhopper bought in 1984 in Utah - hooked to the gills since.
Weigh 150 lbs, same as high school but without the weight of the world included. Always lived at altitude in uber athletic environments but consider myself lucky to be able to complete, not compete. I've ridden 3-4 days a week year round for the last 11 years, 1-2 hr rides.
Realized, finally, that the main reason for not going EMTB was ego - not wanting to be the first of my hammerhead buddies to get a motor...then I remembered I was the first of us to get a 29er in 2004 (Sugar 29) Now there's nary a little wheel in sight.
Pulled the trigger on a '21 Levo SL comp carbon two weeks ago and have chugged the kool aid. Being able to carve flattish berms UPHILL is a total game changer. If you're a fit, capable rider, this may be your huckleberry. Maybe not the levo SL specifically but the new genre of lightweight EMTB.
FFF = farther, faster, funner

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Sounds like a great place to live. :)
I live in a world of sticky clay mud right now at about 50' above sea level. :(
Not "allowed" to go to my usual mtb haunts. That is UK lockdown 3 for you. (Never mind, it will soon pass).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles