Embarrassing Day!

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Hi,

Using a shock wiz on my Fox X2 rear shock, for the last 3 weeks and having made all the other adjustments it recommended it has been telling me that I should remove 1-3 volume spacers from the rear shock. So having watched the videos decided to let my LBS do it for me so dropped the bike off this morning, only to get a call this afternoon to say 'only problem is there are no spacers in the rear shock' .
Doh at least they were kind enough not to charge me and put it all back together nicely.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Is that because you'd told shockwiz there were spacers in there or was it just very wrong?
Never used one myself.
Good of them not to charge you... Just shows how much you must spend there 😂

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Is that because you'd told shockwiz there were spacers in there or was it just very wrong?
Never used one myself.
Good of them not to charge you... Just shows how much you must spend there 😂
It was shock wiz recommending to remove if they were in there in fairness. Shockwiz works well in my experience. And yes I do get some preferential treatment, especially as a few years ago I pointed out that they had charged me about £300 short on a job, but dealt with them for 20 years now always good advice and great service whenever a mess up work on the bike :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles