EBikes are on Trumps Chinese Import Tariff list

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Interesting article about the potential cost increases on ebikes, I’m not sure how this might affect us in Europe if it goes ahead. Worth a read and there are some interesting comments on pricing too.

Article

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
"Not all e-bikes come from China, of course. But Trek, Giant, Accell, Pedego and some smaller brands all manufacture at least some e-bikes there. Most of the sub-$1,000 e-bikes sold in urban markets like New York City are made in China."

I wonder if they'll change their manufacturing location to get round it?

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
A few months ago, our current government, in their infinte wisdom . . . slapped a 5% tariff on all e-bike imports . . . My Turbo Levo Expert was $10,500 retail at the time I bought it, it is now $11K.

Apparently, the manufacturer of Stealth Electric Bikes : Stealth | The Fastest Production Electric Bikes on Earth wanted better competition with imports. Nevermind the fact that they don't even make an EMTB that I'd consider using.... :(

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
EU tariffs on US imports kick in today including Harley Davidson who are apparently looking into electric bikes. According to the article some product codes in the US are shared across mechanical and electric bikes

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
EU tariffs on US imports kick in today including Harley Davidson who are apparently looking into electric bikes. According to the article some product codes in the US are shared across mechanical and electric bikes
can i have a "V" twin father christmas

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles