MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
1665823060459.png

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Tyres is the British English spelling of it.

Tire is used when saying you are fatigued for example, like "soon the ascent grew steeper and he began to tire"
As Churchill so aptly said, "England and America are two nations separated by a common language."
(I did know the Brit spelling of tires/tyres.)
BTW, how many "accumulators" does your e-bike have? 😊

Last edited:

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Kind of a necro thread and not specific to eBikes but I just got these and they work really well. I had been using a quick clamp to hold the beads in place but these work better.

Tyre levers.jpg

Tyre lever.jpg

The struggle is real and this system at least gets it done without swearing and sweating.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
The cushcore lever is a belta, Its bulky but worth a squeeze in..
The CushCore levers help save the knuckles too. Good for chasing a bead around into the rim valley when you add a CushCore to the wheel. Less likely to score/scratch the rim tape also.

IMG_6818.jpeg
I broke the red ones easily. The blue ones have metal in them. That little green thingy helps hold for installing but the levers that @Mabman posted look like they would do the job.
IMG_6819.jpeg
Here’s a pic of my special wheel holder. Came with a lid and you can store stuff/garbage in it. Great shop tool.😉

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I had a cush core lever but broke it the other day and is what led me to look further. It is hard enough to fit a slim lever in between the bead and the rim at the last and I found the bulk of the cush core lever to be a problem overall.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
The CushCore levers help save the knuckles too. Good for chasing a bead around into the rim valley when you add a CushCore to the wheel. Less likely to score/scratch the rim tape also.

View attachment 127921
I broke the red ones easily. The blue ones have metal in them. That little green thingy helps hold for installing but the levers that @Mabman posted look like they would do the job.
View attachment 127922
Here’s a pic of my special wheel holder. Came with a lid and you can store stuff/garbage in it. Great shop tool.😉
iv got a used slick for my tyre bench...

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
You know, now that I think of it, I’ve never sharpened the business end of my axe…but I’ve smashed a few wedges into the backcut. 👍🏻
On second thought a wedge would be a better tool for the job! You could saw some old ones into thinner pieces to work on recalcitrant tires that won't fall into their place.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
On second thought a wedge would be a better tool for the job! You could saw some old ones into thinner pieces to work on recalcitrant tires that won't fall into their place.
I knew something was wrong when I was using a wedge to wedge in a wedge with the thick end of the wedge. 🤔😉.
#findaway

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles