E8000 no power

jonk

Aug 31, 2020
UK
A few days ago I went out on the bike no problems (Its a wilier e-803 / bt8010 external battery and e-8000 motor.) Came to turn it on today and there is nothing no lights on the battery or display.
I plugged it into the computer using a PCE-1 adapter and the only error reported is e020 no connection between the battery and motor.
I have checked all the connectors which are all solid and there is no corrosion etc.
The battery will turn on off the bike and works in my friends bike no problems - I have a second battery which won't start the bike either.

Is there anything I can try or have any of you guys had any experience with this type of error before? The bike is still under warranty but I'd prefer to get it running so I can get some more ride in during the holidays.

Thanks for any input!

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
"The only error reported is e020 no connection between the battery and motor " - sorta makes me think the problem is the connection between the battery and the motor...did you check the internal cabling? Loose? Damaged?

jonk

Aug 31, 2020
UK
Thanks for the reply Rick, I have checked the wiring with a multimeter and I have a connection between the connectors and the plug on all 4 wires.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Thanks for the reply Rick, I have checked the wiring with a multimeter and I have a connection between the connectors and the plug on all 4 wires.

As I understand, some folks have had issues with the connectors on the motor end or on the battery (corrosion/damage) - but tough to diagnose without diving in. You sound like you know your way around electrical/electronic troubleshooting so hopefully you can sleuth out where you're losing the connection. Keep us posted!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles