E8000 Custom Mapping in all modes.

Jollyjoiner

Oct 14, 2018
Chesterfield
I'm interested in this. I'm happy with the trail and boost settings but would like to lower the eco setting for more range. As for speed, I would love to be able to just have that extra assistance to say just 17 or 18mph, that would be enough for me for what trails I ride.

Zachy

Oct 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

I will soon have the software and hardware needed to do custom mapping in all modes, including eco. This will also include an option to go into race mode (higher speed restriction) and maintain correct speed and distance readings. Is there any interest in this?
I don't even have my emtb yet, but I am interested for sure!

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Once downloaded extract the file from the archive then when you launch the file .exe if you use windows 10 only on the first time at the safety message you must to select to show you more option and confirm to open it.

Last edited:

coop69coop

Oct 11, 2018
Bristol
Hi Guys,

I have used the software on my own personal bike and it is simply outstanding. However, to make it financially viable I would have to charge in the region of 250 quid per bike, which I am more than aware is quite a lot. However, for this you get absolute customization of all modes , powers speeds assistance , torque etc etc, its totally awesome, and all controlled on the fly with the app, just like the mission control app on the specialized bikes. All speeds and distance remain as they should be and the e-tube app still works as well so you can still turn the light function on and off etc. I am now running eco very low and I will realistically only use this mode when I am out with acoustic bikes or leisure rides. For all other rides I now have the other 2 modes which I have mapped accordingly. Boost is now mega boost and trail is good for everything else.
For those of you that are talking about this speed issue, well you should really try your bike without a speed restriction and see what you think. I dont think anyone is interested in bombing down the high street at 30mph , but 15 mph is just to slow, these bikes just dont come alive if you hit that wall. I am only talking about 20-22mph here but it makes all the difference when we are talking about jumps etc. Its like driving a car in limp home, you can get where your going but its not much fun.
How do people feel about the cost?

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
On the one hand it sounds ideal being pure software so no plug ins and all readings still correct. On the other hand £250 is a lot of money. I have the Peartune on my bike and fundamentally it does what I want which is to remove the restriction, the incorrect readings are annoying though, also seems to cause a mismatch in battery life on the display module and the battery itself. Agree 100% on it being worthwhile, 22mph is the natural assisted max you ever see off road at normal cadence. The bike just feels natural now without cutting in and out all the time, just how it should be.
The Peartune cost £125 so double it is a big difference. What is the warranty / aftersales support like? Would you need to avoid any further firmware updates to avoid Shimano blocking it as they did with the Emax software?
Also as you are looking at doing it semi-mobile is there any potential for group discount? Two of my mates have Steps equipped bikes, I could be persuaded to change depending on price

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
22mph is the natural assisted max you ever see off road at normal cadence
What?
it definitely still assists on the flat to 32mph (possibly not at "normal cadence" for everyone) with PT on. I haven't actually found what speed it stops assisting at yet.

£2.50 is quite a lot for an app. I'd pay a fiver for a good one though. I'm sure 49 other people would too.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Read it again, I have done over 30mph on the road but the cadence required even with a 36 isn't something a normal rider would ever do off road (I'm not including you in that definition though Gaz, we all know you're special).

Also you were wrong about the wheels on our bikes. I have to say that I'm a bit perplexed that you were wrong about something and the universe hasn't imploded yet. Puzzling.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Are you able to read
Hi Guys,

I have used the software on my own personal bike and it is simply outstanding. However, to make it financially viable I would have to charge in the region of 250 quid per bike, which I am more than aware is quite a lot. However, for this you get absolute customization of all modes , powers speeds assistance , torque etc etc, its totally awesome, and all controlled on the fly with the app, just like the mission control app on the specialized bikes. All speeds and distance remain as they should be and the e-tube app still works as well so you can still turn the light function on and off etc. I am now running eco very low and I will realistically only use this mode when I am out with acoustic bikes or leisure rides. For all other rides I now have the other 2 modes which I have mapped accordingly. Boost is now mega boost and trail is good for everything else.
For those of you that are talking about this speed issue, well you should really try your bike without a speed restriction and see what you think. I dont think anyone is interested in bombing down the high street at 30mph , but 15 mph is just to slow, these bikes just dont come alive if you hit that wall. I am only talking about 20-22mph here but it makes all the difference when we are talking about jumps etc. Its like driving a car in limp home, you can get where your going but its not much fun.
How do people feel about the cost?
Are you able to read the current limits for each setting? Would be interesting to calculate max power for all 7 settings. And it would be nice to know how the power amplification ramps up in trail mode.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Personally Gary i find it highly offensive that you have decided to so clearly advertise your flouting of convention with your Avatar

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Dry as well please Gary, you know the routine. Just remember the gimp mask this time, your face really puts me off my stroke

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
D
Personally Gary i find it highly offensive that you have decided to so clearly advertise your flouting of convention with your Avatar
ude. That isn't my Ebike. It's my DeLorean heading back to 1997..

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I didn't even notice Dave measuring my rim. Fucking rohypnol'd again. Story of my life.

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
What?
it definitely still assists on the flat to 32mph (possibly not at "normal cadence" for everyone) with PT on. I haven't actually found what speed it stops assisting at yet.

£2.50 is quite a lot for an app. I'd pay a fiver for a good one though. I'm sure 49 other people would too.
Yeah I'd do fiver too mabe if we clubbed together get it for 4.75 ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles