E7000 will not engage modes

On my last ride out my mode selector switch stopped working, I was in Eco and couldn't switch up to Trail or Boost, so just rode home on Eco. This had happened once before, but a battery removal, rest and reinstall had fixed the problem.
This time not so, having taken the battery off, rested it and fully recharged it I still can't get the mode switch to operate, the bike turns on and I get the display, but cannot engage any modes, no matter how much I toggle the switch, the display resolutely reads 'off'.
I have pulled the leads going into the display and given them a squirt of contact cleaner, and the switch itself, but no go, I always give the battery terminals a squirt of WD40 or contact cleaner, but given that I have a display I don't believe this to be the issue, I assume the issue must be the switch?
Any advice welcome, thanks.

On my last ride out my mode selector switch stopped working, I was in Eco and couldn't switch up to Trail or Boost, so just rode home on Eco. This had happened once before, but a battery removal, rest and reinstall had fixed the problem.
This time not so, having taken the battery off, rested it and fully recharged it I still can't get the mode switch to operate, the bike turns on and I get the display, but cannot engage any modes, no matter how much I toggle the switch, the display resolutely reads 'off'.
I have pulled the leads going into the display and given them a squirt of contact cleaner, and the switch itself, but no go, I always give the battery terminals a squirt of WD40 or contact cleaner, but given that I have a display I don't believe this to be the issue, I assume the issue must be the switch?
Any advice welcome, thanks.
So I started having a fiddle this afternoon, and squirted a bunch more contact cleaner into the switch and it suddenly came alive only to crap out again, squirted more contact cleaner and it fired up again, then got stuck in boost so I switched off, more contact cleaner and after a bit it worked again and gradually started to get better. I don't think it's fully back and it doesn't fill me with confidence, but at least it's not totally dead. I'm assuming the way things have gone that there is muck or water or something nasty got into the switch impairing its operation.
Does anyone know if these switches are easy to disassemble? Thinking if I get get inside I could give it a thorough cleanout.
Cheers

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
My switch the top came off the other day, found it on the trail, ordered a replacement which beeps but doesn’t work, ran tests & no faults.
put bar tape over broken one to hold in place

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles