E150rs main pivot bolt

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Has anyone ever changed the main pivot bolt on there bike, I’m talking about the one behind the chain ring, I’m gonna try and renew all the frame bearings on my bike soon, I’m not sure what I’m going to find when I strip my bike down and come to that part if it’s a full bolt that goes through the frame or just short bolts that screw in from each side, anyway I’m waffling again, any help would be appreciated please

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
They do Mike and I thank you for your help but, the reason I’ve decided to do them myself is because I’ve heard of cases where the LBS has fitted none OEM bearings even though Whyte has sent the OEM bearings to the LBS and they’ve had to take their bike back much less than a year later for the same thing, besides that I’ve got all the bearings and the tools I need to do the job now, in a strange sadistic way I’m actually looking forward to doing the job, I’m just not sure about the main pivot bolt behind the chain ring 😉

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The Video below is the Yorkshire Bike Mechanic doing a bearing replacement job on a LEVO. I dont think the Whyte is that different.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks Mike, I’ve watched this video before and I like his videos, you’re probably right but I know Whyte do have their way of doing things slightly different from other makes and models, I suppose I’ll soon find out unless someone else has first hand experience doing this job 😉

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
No worries Tribey, I’m hoping to be well enough to do it this weekend mate, bloody back pain, off work again 😫

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I ordered a new main pivot pit assembly from Whyte today, I’m trying to do more things each day to try to get back to some sort of normality so I’m hoping to start my bearings tomorrow, if I do I’ll let you know how things pan out, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for that 😉

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Sorry I forgot to post a picture of the main pivot pin for the Whyte e150 V1, I was assured by Whyte that it’s the same pivot pin for all the Emtb’s👍
Fitting it was a breeze, I just made sure the internal sleeve in my bike was clean, added a liberal amount of grease and in it went, just don’t forget to fit the pivot sleeve before fitting the last bearing 😁

8A2A94F7-3173-4994-BA11-5E238A0F28F2.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles