E-genius Scott-specific Stem/Cockpit Geometry change

sandyman44

Jun 29, 2020
UK
so the genius e-ride has the scott specific stem with the lockblock shaped spacers and headset. For my shape and age, my back has never been bendy and after a back operation last year, ( which is why I bought an Emtb), it really isn't!, I need to lift the cockpit quite a bit.

1. did anyone find a way to change the scott specific bits for completely standard headset, stem and spacers kit? I asked my supplying shop about this and they couldn't think of a way. thus allowing use of any stem at all, at which point I'd go straight to 35 or 45 degree riser.
2. what other stems are there (if any) that work with the scott specific headset/spacer lockblock kit? I have tried a scott synchros 90mm FL1.5 +/- 6degrees, this is almost the right wedge shape base, and has a notch that looks like it would fit the lockblock spacers , but the gap is just a bit too narrow. I filed it so that it was wide enough at the base, and made it work but..
The jump from 60mm to 90mm gave me the height gain I wanted, but made the handling less good in tight corners, clearly not as precise, so have gone back to the original stem. Also not totally comfortable about riding a stem that I've filed somewhat...What I really want is a stem with the scott wedge shape base, the scott specific notch for the spacers, still 60mm in overall reach, but loads of lift.

3. how high have people gone on bars ? to allow keeping the original stem . I've gone from the stock to a 35mm riser bar, on the original stem, and that has improved things somewhat, but still not quite right. I am thinking to go to a 50mm riser. I know risers exist up to 80mm or more but does there come a point over which the geometry on risers gets daft?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles