E-Cells hunting e-mtb

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
I recently ordered an E-CELLS brand e-mtb. It's a Super Monarch Crown 2 wheel drive, 2 battery dual suspension bike with front basket and rear rack/battery mount.
It has torque sensing for smooth motor assistance.

At just over $5,100. with Nevada state sales tax and a introductory $1,000. discount I think it is a bargain considering the cost of competing dual motor e-mtb's. The component quality is certainly solid and customer reviews have been excellent. My close friend has one and loves it.

I'll use it for backcountry camping and hunting. It can carry a max of 350 pounds and is perfect for carrying out bone-out elk or mule deer meat.
Yeah, it's not "racing nimble" but I'm using it for pickup truck duty, not racing duty. I need power, climbing ability and range. The Monarch has it all. Plus the company HQ is in Parumph, NV, only 50 miles from my house in the Las Vegas valley.

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Check out the E-CELLS line of emtb's. For hunting I ordered the Super Monarch Crown with 2 wheel drive, 2 batteries (52V, 14 ah down tube and 52V, 17.5 ah under the rear rack), dual suspension and Shimano Diore shifter. Brakes are 4 piston, 2.3 mm thick brake rotors and hydraulic brake lines. It comes equipped with fenders, 4.5" tires and phone app control configuration. Lifetime frame warranty and 2 year motor and battery warranty, 1 year warranty on "non-wear" parts.

At $4,795. before state tax it has a $1,000. introductory discount. Given the solid quality of its components I think this is a bargain when compared to its closest competition.
I'm taking delivery of my matte black Super Monarch Crown in mid February.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Not to shit on your bike, because there's a bike that's good for everyone, but... That's not really a mountain bike. The components are very low end, like a $40 derailleur. Bafang is reasonably decent Chinese stuff, but their PAS is *so* very far behind the name brands in how it responds. It's fine for this bike, since it's a commuter and light off road bike, but spending time with the Bafang on real MTB trails was scary. This can't be compared to the Haibike above, at all. On the other hand, if what you need is a commute/beach/groomed trail bike, this is it, and the Haibike wouldn't do it as well (or other real MTBs).

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Not to shit on your bike, because there's a bike that's good for everyone, but... That's not really a mountain bike. The components are very low end, like a $40 derailleur. Bafang is reasonably decent Chinese stuff, but their PAS is *so* very far behind the name brands in how it responds. It's fine for this bike, since it's a commuter and light off road bike, but spending time with the Bafang on real MTB trails was scary. This can't be compared to the Haibike above, at all. On the other hand, if what you need is a commute/beach/groomed trail bike, this is it, and the Haibike wouldn't do it as well (or other real MTBs).
SwampNut,
I agree that my E-CELLS mtb is not "nimble" or "responsive" but much more of a Jeep. In the sense it can haul a heavy load without complaint and go decently long distances on a charge it is exactly what I need, on and off trails, for hunting in Nevada and other western states. But saying it is "not really a mountain bike" is inaccurate. It will handle very difficult terrain, just at slow speeds and often in 2 wheel drive.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Basingstoke UK
SwampNut,
I agree that my E-CELLS mtb is not "nimble" or "responsive" but much more of a Jeep. In the sense it can haul a heavy load without complaint and go decently long distances on a charge it is exactly what I need, on and off trails, for hunting in Nevada and other western states. But saying it is "not really a mountain bike" is inaccurate. It will handle very difficult terrain, just at slow speeds and often in 2 wheel drive.
A bicycle for carrying dead animals is not what anyone on this forum, or indeed anywhere else, would consider an emtb.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Late in the day on a ride I probably resemble a dead animal atop an emtb !! 🤣🤣

After some rides in summer, that's what my wife says I smell like.

But seriously, that bike is a neat utility option, but in a vastly different category. As the OP said, it's a Jeep, and the MTB definition generally is more like a sandrail. I recently sold a Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra and would really not have called that a mountain bike.

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Cozzy,
I think you may need to re-think how broad the definition of mountain bikes can be.
1.) Can the bike traverse rugged terrain?
2.) Does the bike have decent range?
3.) Is the bike made to be nimble or to be a hauler of heavy loads?

My bike answers #s 1 and 2 "yes" and #3 "heavy hauler". That meets my needs, obviously not yours. "Ride your own ride."

As for quality of components I'm satisfied they will hold up for several years of use and average care. I use to road race "back in the day" with my Cannondale so in upgrading that bike I'm fully aware of what quality components are.
I own a MAZDA CX-5 GT Reserve 2.5 L turbo SUV. For the money it is actually a far better vehicle than a much pricier SUV like the Land Rover EVOQUE based on the best review sources such as Consumer Reports and JD Power. This illustrates that brand names are not always the gauge of value. Is it a sports car? Nope, but it can do other things a sports car can't.

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
I'm wondering why you think my e-mtb is "light off-road bike" when it has 4.5" tires, two wheel drive and two batteries.
No, it won't do jumps and is not meant for fast trail rides but it will tackle very steep terrain, both up and down, with its hydraulic brakes and 2.2 mm thick discs. As I said, it is a hauler not a racer.
if you look at the closest competition, RAMBO i think, it is a better bike in many features. Is an e-mtb with two front wheels "not" and e-mtb? I think the definition of e-mtb must be broader.
BTW, the current PAS (Pedal Assist System) is done with a TORQUE sensor, not a cadence sensor as earlier models were.
So one less item for you to rag on.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles