E-bike leader?!?

Dukey86

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
Yorkshire
Ok this is a controversial one! In your opinions which bike manufacturer do you feel is leading the way with their bike technology? When I bought my scott e genius 2 years ago I felt they were leading the way but seem to have fallen back a bit now.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
We recently looked at all the bikes We could find and read every test and decided the Commençal Meta Power was currently the leader , geometry spec and value for money in all the models was way ahead of the competition

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I don’t think there is a particular leader.
There may be aspects where one manufacturer shows more innovation than others (thinking Specialized’s app here).
The characteristics of the motors have a big play in the game, some bike brands have chosen one motor and put all development into that, others offer similar frames with different motors for customers to decide.
The second generation of Scott ebikes look totally up to date.
The market is still very fluid with lots of ideas being pushed. Long travel seems to be the darling of the moment.

LukeTurner

Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Rutland
Specialized were one of the first to produce an ebike that didnt necessarily look like an ebike with the Levo and they have certainly been one of the brands leading the ebike front. Lots of manifacturers are now building on this foundation and integration is definitely where things are going.

Bosch have again been a major part of the electric bike world, new developments like the powertube battery and ABS system show that Bosch are heavily investing in their bike tech!

As above, long travel seems to be getting a lot of attention from Trek, Haibike, Cube, Specialized, Cannondale at the moment!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles