E-160S motor failed at 2k miles

EchoLima21

Jan 8, 2021
Surrey, Uk
Hi all,

The Gen 4 motor on my 2021 E-160S gave up on a trail the other day - turning itself off repeatedly before I coasted (pedalled verrry hard!) home. It had 2100 miles on the clock, with no jet washing, river fording or de-limiting attempted.

I took it back to Ace Bicycles in Guildford where the diagnostics threw up a whole heap of codes, which they referred back to Bosch. At the time of writing I understand that the warranty has been accepted and, I think, a new motor authorised.

Does anyone have any experience of the Bosch turnaround time for warranty claims?

Thanks and best wishes,

DB

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Worst was a month, best was 4 days. That was before the current supply issues though.

EchoLima21

Jan 8, 2021
Surrey, Uk
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in the thanking you for your advice and support. Just as an update Ace fitted a new controller at the suggestion of Bosch and took it for a test ride. It worked! For about 90 seconds...and now we're back firmly in new motor territory.
Ace have been really good (#standard), so now it's just a waiting (in the beautiful sunshine :() game.
Back on the acoustic it is, then.

All the best,

DB

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles