Dyname 3.0 motor bolt coming loose

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Is anyone else having motor bolts coming loose on a regular basis?

I know you should go over and tighten all bolts to the stipulated torque on a regular basis, or after a particularly hard and long ride, but I wouldn’t expect this often.

I have to tighten the middle bottom one every month when a creaking sound occurs (of course I tighten them all in the right sequence first to 10Nm and then to 14Nm).

This is a carbon Instinct PP, I don’t know if the creaking is as pronounced on an alloy frame, but I find the bolt scarily loose anyway.

This is the bolt straight under the crank so I’m assuming I’m kicking the pedals too hard for it, as I ride in somewhat reduced eco mode most of the time, with only trail mode engaged when needed.

Last edited:

nineT

Apr 16, 2020
Bavaria
After 7000+ km I did not experience loose motor bolts.
But I did have a lot of creaking.
Checking torques did not help.
I found that it comes from the motor covers.
A thin layer of silicone grease on the cover contact surfaces cleared the issue.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
That’s a good idea! I mindlessly take the covers off and start checking torques and didn’t think it could actually be them too.

I do actually have a secondary smaller creak not going away from last time.

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
Have you tried some blue loctite?
Bolts loosening off isn't an issue I've had. No creaking either.
2018 C50 Altitude.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Have you tried some blue loctite?
Bolts loosening off isn't an issue I've had. No creaking either.
2018 C50 Altitude.

There’s some on already… didn’t add any though. I’m thinking it must be a fluke dodgy mount or I’m pedalling strange. And that’s the primary source of creaking for me. Creak from stem and motor covers etc can happen at a time but is normal and easily fixed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles