DT350 hubs for ebike

TOLM

Mar 20, 2022
Vsmcouver. BC
Hello

Question for you all. Has anyone used regular (non ebike) DT 350 hubs on their ebikes?

I have ex1700 enduro wheelset. Was hoping to use it on my new heckler. I know DT has hx series but really like my wheels lol.. Light weight and sturdy.

Opinions?

Thank you

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Hello

Question for you all. Has anyone used regular (non ebike) DT 350 hubs on their ebikes?

I have ex1700 enduro wheelset. Was hoping to use it on my new heckler. I know DT has hx series but really like my wheels lol.. Light weight and sturdy.

Opinions?

Thank you

I ran DT Swiss 350 hubs on DT Swiss EX511 rims on a Kenevo and they seemed to work fine. I now run Hope Pro 4 hubs on EX511 rims on a Kenevo SL only because that is what I have. I personally prefer XD as aluminum HG freehubs splines get torn up so easily.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
We've been using DT Swiss 350 hubs for ages including 2 years on Levos, 2 on Levo SLs, and now on a Fuel EXe. I1- and 12 speed Shimano and SRAM drivers with 54 tooth star ratchets (keep them lubed). They've all been trouble free. We switch wheels between bikes and the rotors (center-lock) always align perfectly. We''ve cut several hubs out of old wheels to re-lace on new rims. Don't see a need to change.

TOLM

Mar 20, 2022
Vsmcouver. BC
We've been using DT Swiss 350 hubs for ages including 2 years on Levos, 2 on Levo SLs, and now on a Fuel EXe. I1- and 12 speed Shimano and SRAM drivers with 54 tooth star ratchets (keep them lubed). They've all been trouble free. We switch wheels between bikes and the rotors (center-lock) always align perfectly. We''ve cut several hubs out of old wheels to re-lace on new rims. Don't see a need to change.
Thank you. I am hearing that 350s are pretty strong ))

TOLM

Mar 20, 2022
Vsmcouver. BC
I ran DT Swiss 350 hubs on DT Swiss EX511 rims on a Kenevo and they seemed to work fine. I now run Hope Pro 4 hubs on EX511 rims on a Kenevo SL only because that is what I have. I personally prefer XD as aluminum HG freehubs splines get torn up so easily.
Thanks.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
The hybrid series have steel HG freehub bodies, not sure if cross compatible with the non-hybrid hubs but a useful upgrade if they are (if you are running a HG cassette, obvs)

TOLM

Mar 20, 2022
Vsmcouver. BC
The hybrid series have steel HG freehub bodies, not sure if cross compatible with the non-hybrid hubs but a useful upgrade if they are (if you are running a HG cassette, obvs)
Thx. Ive got microspline hub on mine..not worried here.. Was worried about the hub internals more.

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
DT 350 are great for all bikes. I had to replaced my bearings with NSK and significantly increased both the smoothness and side to side stability.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles