DT m1900 wheel bearings?

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Are there any special tools required to change the bearings on these and any one know the bearing numbers required?
Also have a few loose spokes which are just turning, should I just snip them out and replace?
Cheers

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No. but a bearing press/blind bearing puller/hub support makes life a lot easier.
If you're confident/proficient careful use of a drift/hammer and socket set will do fine though
Trickiest part is removing the end caps, and re-fitting DT swiss's retarded bearing caps that they made instead of one piece items.
Top tip: When removing the end caps use your bike'fork's thru axle (anged and prise off)
Your spokes are just turning because they're straight pull. hold them carefully with pliers/mole grips. Tape the spoke to avoid scratching.
sorry. Can't remember of the top of my head what bearings your hubs use. (I do tons of different hubs/wheels). google them or just read the bearing codes off each seal.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Cheers Gary ,
I've only looked at the rear cassette side 6902 from memory but assume the freehub would be different, is that probable?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles