Draggy wheeel

RichardGB

Nov 28, 2019
West Midlands
Howdy!

I have the 900e and I've noticed recently that my rear is a little draggy. My LBS reset the bearings back in the wheel after a thorough clean and it's better but just doesn't seem as free as it should. The bearings feel super silky out of the wheel btw.

Anyone have any advice or found similar?
Is it an issue that they only really run free when they're loaded?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Howdy!

I have the 900e and I've noticed recently that my rear is a little draggy. My LBS reset the bearings back in the wheel after a thorough clean and it's better but just doesn't seem as free as it should. The bearings feel super silky out of the wheel btw.

Anyone have any advice or found similar?
Is it an issue that they only really run free when they're loaded?
Check the brake pads on your rear caliper. They might be rubbing the rotor ever so slightly.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Every time I see the title of this thread come up on my alerts, I keep thinking “The Draggy Wheel” would be a great name for a roadside cafe! ???☕️?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Be careful with that

SN5KAAdGrTU_JSU_kQFE2IxQ38r2MePV_ZARheoyIpXX78kXvhAvHCG2O-DNrDnFH6Niuq-2bn4cQ6Pp9P5UiQvDv5Wk35dF606kaaolnw8zb0OUUM1dlZU1CoKNmv1UldjfZ6aKjVeMpJWYv5k2nK9Byoh1htEKbp9tj66wa1qZ00sel62QB_W0y314HgrnHwlknqxUnXcYOcLywh_vYBU

You could be very busy ;)

RichardGB

Nov 28, 2019
West Midlands
Howdy,

I've just realised that I haven't logged onto this forum for wayyy too long. Life eh?

So, draggy rear hub was caused by slight over tighten on the bearings. The DT Swiss hubs can be a bit sensitive. After a few attempts and MUCH SWEARING it's now running free and smooth.

Not something I ever, ever, EVER, intend doing again. It's going to a proper workshop because life is too short for that level of faff.

Thanks for the responses,
dudes!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles