Downgrade of SC-E8000 display to SC-E7000

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Cool. The only time you'll miss the touch screen is if you pan/scroll though maps a lot (I don't)
and Initial screen set-up takes a tiny bit more time with buttons over touch screen

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Oh... Garmin's route creator software.
Yeah. I'd imagine so.
I just use STRAVA for plotting quick routes and they automatically D/L to the Edge

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
TBH I try to avoid Garmin software if i can.
My Garmin Express/Connect is just set-up to chuck everything over to Strava and vice versa.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
For Steps compatibility. You need to update the Garmin Edge software. That's why I thought the X20 series might have also been compatible.
I just checked though and they're not.
just the Edge 530, 830, 1030 and Explore GPS units

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
well I just threw a number out there lol I’d let it go for $50 lol

Yesterday I sent an email to the seller and I agreed to buy the SC-E7000 that he is selling, I´ll Paypal the money as soon as the seller tells me the shipping cost to Spain.

(Nathan, this is Emilio, we have been in contact by email)

DeezNutzz

Jan 13, 2020
Temecula
Yesterday I sent an email to the seller and I agreed to buy the SC-E7000 that he is selling, I´ll Paypal the money as soon as the seller tells me the shipping cost to Spain.

(Nathan, this is Emilio, we have been in contact by email)
sorry for all the hassle it took to get to you but I hope it got to you safe

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
sorry for all the hassle it took to get to you but I hope it got to you safe

Not yet. It arrived to my country the same day the COVID lockout started and mail deliveries are only for essential services, and not for packages, so I suppose it is in the airport warehouse waiting for the lockdown to end and then it will be delivered. Anyway, we are not allowed to use bikes, so I can not use it now.

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
I can't seem to make sense of this. Is it possible to get rid of display + mode switcher and just use an EW-EN100 for switching modes? Because that would suit me perfectly if Just can just find somewhere to put the EW-EN100 where it doesn't look too weirdly strapped on.

edit: just to explain: I don't need to see what mode I am in and I don't need a clumsy switch on the handlebar. I basically take the bike out, switch to eco, ride to the top, go in trail, ride down and repeat. For this I have no need for a display or button. It's just more stuff that can break and I'd rather have a clean cockpit without too much going on.
Can someone explain if EW-EN100 would help with that or if I would also need the button switch thing?

Kema

Aug 7, 2021
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello!
Found this thread while searching on ANT+ connecticity.
I just got a Cannondale Moterra Neo 5 with e7000 and sc-e7000 display. I would like to get data to my Hammerhead Karoo2 but can't fund the sensor.
If I understand the above correct the sc-e7000 only transmitts data to Garmin...!? Wtf!?
I know I get "all" data in the sc-7000 but as above I'd like to get metrics to my K2...
I'll just have to try STride or something that can get heartrate and bike metrics to Strava.

If it"s not on Strava it didn't happen ?

/Kenneth

Heckler Sb130

Aug 15, 2022
Gothed75
Yeah. you just plug it in

I run the EN-100 instead of an E8000 display.
don't miss it.
I switch between a Garmin 530 or a tiny bar mounted TomTom multisport GPS for display/stats/GPS
I did have the E7000 display on another bike and didn't like it. being monochrome you couldn't simply glance at the screen and spot mode by colour. whereas with the EN-100 I can simply glance down at the 2 LEDs to see mode. The E7000 also didn't have the power band graphic which can be handy to use for conserving battery.

do you have this the wrong way around?

you can get all that data (and way more) on your Garmin via the EN-100 when connected to the motor.
but not the power band graphic, just a percentage.
you have the option of using a dedicated STEPs display screen or an Ebike one (or custom if you want to set up something else)
If you're derestricted via chip/box in order to get accurate speed data using the STEPs data screen on your garmin you need to run a garmin wireless speed sensor.

It's basically pointless having a STEPs Display AND a connected Garmin

Do you have the SC-E7000 available for sale?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles