Does it have to be eBike specific

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
When upgrading components on an eBike do you think that buying into eBike specific is prudent or just ebike tax?

For instance if you search ebike mtb forks a lot seem to suggest that ebike specific forks are the way to go, yet a lot of ebikes appear to have "normal" forks.

Does it matter for the above and things like bars, rims etc.

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
Cheers man appreciate it.... I never thought the first reply would be proper helpful... good job on coming through for me :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
I think as far as forks go, it would be more prudent to factor in the rider weight + the bike weight. If you're only 150lbs then that's about 200lbs of total weight. But if you're already at 200, you might want something more heavy duty and i think that's the idea behind e-specific forks

E-Bike rims will handle higher torsional forces, which are even more important on class-3 eBikes with high powered motors

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
When upgrading components on an eBike do you think that buying into eBike specific is prudent or just ebike tax?

For instance if you search ebike mtb forks a lot seem to suggest that ebike specific forks are the way to go, yet a lot of ebikes appear to have "normal" forks.

Does it matter for the above and things like bars, rims etc.
Depends what you are doing on it . My jumping days long gone I Still upgraded to Fox 36 forks and hope brakes just because I was impressed when I had them before on a previous bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles