• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Does anyone know accurately what the eBay fees are for selling a bike nowadays?

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Has anyone here sold a bike recently on eBay so can give an accurate answer?

As far as I can see ebay no longer do the Classified listing thing so my only choice is Buy Now or Auction. Once every couple of weeks eBay send me the 80% off of Final Value fees so I'm pretty sure I can use that as well.

I've tried using a couple of fees calculators recently when selling other things and I always come out paying more than what they predict.

I have listed the bike in question other places at the market value price but haven't had any luck so if I can accurately predict the fees I'll have to try eBay now.

Solution
Here’s mine from last month - sold on one of those 80% listing days.
Frame only, so not a full bike… but you’ll get the idea.

I think normal fees are 10%, so I would have been giving eBay £228.50 if I’d sold it without the offer… as they take it on the postage too!

IMG_4614.png

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Here’s mine from last month - sold on one of those 80% listing days.
Frame only, so not a full bike… but you’ll get the idea.

I think normal fees are 10%, so I would have been giving eBay £228.50 if I’d sold it without the offer… as they take it on the postage too!

IMG_4614.png

Solution

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Perfect! Thanks! I can work with that then.
Keep an eye on the eBay website. If you are an infrequent user, they won't necessarily send you notice of the offers. I have only seen offers come up on Fridays, but there may be other days. If I have something big to sell, I start logging in and looking for the Friday offers. They sometimes do zero selling fees!

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Keep an eye on the eBay website. If you are an infrequent user, they won't necessarily send you notice of the offers. I have only seen offers come up on Fridays, but there may be other days. If I have something big to sell, I start logging in and looking for the Friday offers. They sometimes do zero selling fees!
Good tip. I get an 80% offer email about once every two weeks but I'll also check the website. I actually have that offer activated now so I listed the bike for sale this morning.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Don't forget Pink Bike Classifieds. I have sold two bikes out of three attempts. I find eBay is easier but costs.
Thanks. Already on Pinkbike, Gumtree and Facebook. I've priced it exactly where it fits in in the market place but haven't had any takers yet. I won't get into the details here because this isn't the for sale section but when I listed it this morning on eBay it was the cheapest of that make, model and year so it'll just be a case of waiting for someone to come along who wants one 🤞🏻 eBay are well aware they have the biggest audience so they milk it with the fees 😡 I only ever list anything on there when I get that offer come through 🤣

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Well eBay is hampering my sale somewhat. Something to look out for when listing items on there.

My listing doesn't always show up when results are sorted by 'Highest Price First' which I feel like is a popular way to sort when searching so I'm not reaching my whole potential audience. eBay have had a look and said that I am correct in what I'm saying and they can see the problem but don't know how to fix it.

So yeah, after listing something it's worth searching for it and using the different sorting options to make sure it's actually there.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles