Do we see a new decoy this year?

zerofunds

Nov 30, 2020
New Zealand
I know the decoy has had the EP8 retrofitted but the bike is coming up 5 years old now. We all know it needs a larger battery.
I wonder if they refine the decoy, or release a super light version, or maybe a completely new shorter travel emtb.
Surely emtb must be a decent size of YTs business let's hope they release something special this Xmas. Decoy 2.0 🙌

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
new battery incoming.. was told around November in USA, I believe its a 720wh.

I would imagine they will do some sort of refresh? geometry tweak but with same battery/frame design.

Could use a longer reach and steeper head tube, other than than I haven't seen much that make me want to move from my 2019 decoy 29.

scourge

Oct 11, 2022
St. Louis, MO USA
I hope so. Would like a bigger battery, longer reach, and slacker head angle. I'd be good with just that.

Wish they would announce something soon because I am ready to buy and may end up getting something else in the meantime

scourge

Oct 11, 2022
St. Louis, MO USA
I see a lot of YTs are on sale now. I guess they are clearing out the 2022s before announcing the 2023s. Don't they usually an ounce the new line up right around the new year?

Come on YT. Let us know if a new Decoy is coming. Leak something. Seriously, it's probably the only way you'll get my money. I may get a Rocky Mountain, Canyon, or Mondraker instead. And I'd love to have another YT.

Bobby76

Aug 24, 2022
Switzerland
That Decoy Core 4 29 now at under €6500 euros is damn good value…

When I looked at Rocky Mountain it was over 10k for similar spec albeit 700Wh battery

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
That Decoy Core 4 29 now at under €6500 euros is damn good value…

When I looked at Rocky Mountain it was over 10k for similar spec albeit 700Wh battery
Kicking myself for not buying a levo in October.. was discounted from 7500 to 5200 usd for about 2 weeks.

DOMBUSH

Aug 10, 2020
Cambridge
I know the decoy has had the EP8 retrofitted but the bike is coming up 5 years old now. We all know it needs a larger battery.
I wonder if they refine the decoy, or release a super light version, or maybe a completely new shorter travel emtb.
Surely emtb must be a decent size of YTs business let's hope they release something special this Xmas. Decoy 2.0 🙌
Anyone got any news / gossip about a new decoy chassis (rather than updated forks / motor)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles