DO IT YOURSELF bottom armor DIY 2021

Tepi

Nov 18, 2018
Finland
Works great 9mm, plastic sheet bending with a hot air fan heating into shape. 10 mm on the side of the drive wheel, more protection from dirt on the side. Can withstand shocks because it is a non-crack material. Now 2023 Husgvarna hc3,4,5 pictures have the same implementation bottom armor. I was ahead in the development.

IMG_0003-005.JPG
IMG_0006-005.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Tepi

Nov 18, 2018
Finland
@Tepi mikä on kotitekoisen liukulevysi paino? Hieno homma muuten(y)

Mietin, eikö ohuempi alumiinilevy (2mm) olisi tarjonnut vastaavaa suojaa, vaikka olisi kevyempi ja säilyttänyt myös alkuperäisen maavarasi.
Saatta painaa 0,2 kg ei punnittu.Muovi on halpaa muovia mikä ei halkea vaikka vedät kiveen.Ei myöskään pidä melua.Alumiini taipuu iskusta muuttaen muotoa ,voi resonoida? Maavara ei ongelma 160mm,kammet sekä 20mm-lisää Fox36 160mm,myös 20mm lisä takana. PS, muovin taivutus onnistuu kuumaa-taivutus kylmä vesi jäähdytys. Vetää itseään takaisin joten vaatii toistoja.ITSE TEKEE NIIN SAA MITÄ HALUAA. IKÄÄ 77V, maastossa on kivaa.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I have been thinking about using some UHMW plastic for a bash guard. It’s what is used for skate board slide rails. It can be bent with a heat gun, it will deform rather than crack and it’s slippery. The big problem with aluminum is it’s will “stick “ to rocks.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Google translate says.

It might weigh 0.2 kg, not weighed. The plastic is cheap plastic that doesn't crack even if you pull on a stone. It doesn't make noise either. The aluminum bends on impact, changing its shape, can it resonate? Ground clearance is not a problem 160mm, cranks and 20mm extra Fox36 160mm, also 20mm extra at the back. PS, plastic bending is possible hot-bending cold water cooling. Pulls himself back so requires repetitions. DO IT YOURSELF GET WHAT YOU WANT. AGE 77, it's nice in the terrain.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hogy-hogy? Elég lenne a fórumszoftvert automatikus fordításra hangolni.
Maybe ? Would it get it correct though ?

"bottom" sounds like armoured shorts specifically designed only to protect your buttocks.

Would it know to translate bottom to "motor guard" "Skid plate" ? Or would it get confused and make things worse - DIY Buttocks ?

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Bonjour! :)

You are right and sorry to go OT. How to be sure what is meant by finish line: Drugs? Lube products? Or the famous Ass Savers?

As a native German speaker I had lots of happenings when speaking or - even worse - writing the British English that I learned. Especially when dealing (no drugs :)) with Americans. It starts with simple words and ends with more complicated grammar when trying to be friendly by using the word „please“ and ending up to be understood to be unfriendly as putting it wrong in a sentence.

However, back to the bottom line, or better Finnish line 😉: communicating in whatever English would be nice

Nevertheless I like that Hungarian Hogy-Hogy (Why) that I learned yesterday. 😀

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Bonjour! :)

You are right and sorry to go OT. How to be sure what is meant by finish line: Drugs? Lube products? Or the famous Ass Savers?

As a native German speaker I had lots of happenings when speaking or - even worse - writing the British English that I learned. Especially when dealing (no drugs :)) with Americans. It starts with simple words and ends with more complicated grammar when trying to be friendly by using the word „please“ and ending up to be understood to be unfriendly as putting it wrong in a sentence.

However, back to the bottom line, or better Finnish line 😉: communicating in whatever English would be nice

Nevertheless I like that Hungarian Hogy-Hogy (Why) that I learned yesterday. 😀

Guten Tag !

This can only get more complicated. If you have an American on drugs with a sick Donkey (Which is often called an Ass, presumably from the latin/celtic/middle eastern "asinus") they might visit the pharmacy for treatment. Over the years, they stopped saying arse and just say ass instead, so now the person might stand in the car park rubbing 20 litres of lube all over their donkey having bought a whole box of Ass Saver. Knowing the etymology might have saved them, but probably wouldn't.

I wondered what the Hogy-Hogy was. I like it. We should all use it in threads for the next week.

It's a bit like the Welsh "Oggy Oggy Oggy" ....

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Hey, Tepi did a nice job for this skid plate! My 2022 Cube SHy gathers lots of gravel in the motor cover and i frequently take it off for cleaning. Is there a hole in the Tepi-Bottom-Saver?

BTW. Grown up in Aspirin City I am pretty sure that ASS is for headache and maybe blood thining but can not imagine how it may be taken to be effective for donkey aka buttolism. Not dissolved, I assyoume? 😳

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Ei ole reikää,en usko reiän auttavan sora ongelmaa.
Doch, es gibt ein paar Fotos von abgenommenen Abdeckungen, in denen massig Dreck gesammelt war. Leider finde ich das gerade nicht und mache meine auch regelmässig sauber. Das Loch unten sorgt zumindest dafür, das Wasser ablaufen kann.

Übrigens gab es zu dem Thema schon hier ein paar schicke Ideen:

Tepi

Nov 18, 2018
Finland
Oma gen 2 moottori huollettu .Mud stop + sisemmän akselin stefa ajettu yli 10000 km. Tällä toimenpiteellä ajetaan yli 20000 km.Moottori on hiljainen , laakerit kuin uudet.

IMG_0002-005.JPG IMG_0005-004.JPG IMG_0006-004.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles