Diy Firmware Update ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Had a quick search but can't find anything on doing this.

Just unboxed the new Kenevo and gone through the huge disappointment of finding that they'd not accidentally sent me a 2020 bike...

I suspect the poor thing has been sitting in it's box, unloved, for some time ... so it's firmware is probably pre-millenium ..

Battery was on 30%, so that's on charge.

Is there anyway of updating this yourself ? or do you have to find a specialized dealer and head there ? I take it this is a normal service and you presumably pay ?

Thanks.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi,
What bike shop, did you buy the Kenevo from?

I would have thought they would have Pre checked the bike before dispatch and installed the latest software on it before shipping?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi,
What bike shop, did you buy the Kenevo from?

I would have thought they would have Pre checked the bike before dispatch and installed the latest software on it before shipping?

Internet order - Lord Gun. It's possible they've checked it, but I'm assuming they just sell boxes ..

Hope to get chance to assemble it tonight and power it up and see. I take it in mission control I should be able to see the firmware version and work it out from there. Somewhere in my head I was thinking I'd have to ride it and see if it was pulling 15 or 20 amps to know, but that's a bit dumb really ! :)

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I put screenshots up on here from mission control and Specialized Rider Care confirm they were the latest versions within a couple of hours.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
If you use Mission Control you will be able to see how many amps it is drawing from the battery. You will need to be riding the bike to see this. The reading should be close to or just above 20. Also, if you look at the ‘Motor Power’ reading and it is showing anywhere between 700-780 Watts while you are riding you are good to go ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ok .. so the bike is together .. battery charged .. still need to do a full check over tomorrow, but I did ride it several meters and IT WORKS ! Mission Control connected easily first time.. nice ..

It's a beast - or it looks it anyway ! Menacing !!!

@Specialized Rider Care can you confirm if the firmware is uptodate or not ? many thanks.

Kmotor.png

bfirmware.png

Kim

Apr 27, 2019
Norway
You have a Turbo 1.3(should peak at 800watt) motor and it's up to date, your battery is also updated. As mentioned above you should see 20amp on turbo with this motor.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Great news !!!! :) I really expected it to come with year old firmware .. that's a result .. thanks for that :)

Bolt check tomorrow, some of that air stuff in the tyres (not tubeless yet) and a quick road test.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles