DIY 2020 Specialized Levo Comp Mechanical Speed Limit Remover

LD.MTB

Feb 6, 2020
California
Not a new idea, there are a few other designs out there that do the same. However, having access to CAD and a 3d printer, I decided to make yet another one and make it available to others for free. I took it out for a 10 mile ride today, and while I did not get to speeds higher than 20MPH because of the trails, I did notice at the end of the ride that Mission Control only tracked 5.XX miles instead of 9.XX miles, so it tracked the reduced rotation of the magnet and it didn't fall apart, so that's a plus! I will try getting it up to speed tomorrow to test the higher speeds.

I printed the parts with Nylon, but the gears themselves don't have much force/load on them, so maybe other filaments would be suitable.

It's still a work in progress and there may be some changes, I just got the bike this week and wanted to get something on ASAP.

This is for the 2020 Levo Comp. You can find the files here: 2020 Specialized Levo Comp Speed Limit Remover by usmc59

20200206_073926_1.gif
20200206_072400_1.gif

20200206_071757.jpg

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
Not a new idea, there are a few other designs out there that do the same. However, having access to CAD and a 3d printer, I decided to make yet another one and make it available to others for free. I took it out for a 10 mile ride today, and while I did not get to speeds higher than 20MPH because of the trails, I did notice at the end of the ride that Mission Control only tracked 5.XX miles instead of 9.XX miles, so it tracked the reduced rotation of the magnet and it didn't fall apart, so that's a plus! I will try getting it up to speed tomorrow to test the higher speeds.

I printed the parts with Nylon, but the gears themselves don't have much force/load on them, so maybe other filaments would be suitable.

It's still a work in progress and there may be some changes, I just got the bike this week and wanted to get something on ASAP.

This is for the 2020 Levo Comp. You can find the files here: 2020 Specialized Levo Comp Speed Limit Remover by usmc59

View attachment 25618 View attachment 25619
View attachment 25620

Awesome , keep us posted if you make any improvement/ change to the design . And a big thank you for sharing it for free

LD.MTB

Feb 6, 2020
California
Was able to get it close to 30mph without having the motor cut off. Very happy with the results, no more dragging the anchor.

Screenshot_20200210-112925_Strava.jpg

Kickngas

Sep 3, 2019
Printing mine as I type this, thanks for sharing! I have read the warranty will or will not be affected....what is the final word on this?

LD.MTB

Feb 6, 2020
California
Printing mine as I type this, thanks for sharing! I have read the warranty will or will not be affected....what is the final word on this?

It's a modification that can be reversed very easily if you ever need to service your bike. I would definitely remove it when doing any type of service or warranty claim. Other than that, I don't think there really is any way to show it was modified. But like most modifications, do at your own risk. Mines been running great so far.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Only speculation, but if you record your rides on mission control ( which only works with gps enabled) a discrepancy between what the magnet reads and what the GPS say's wouldn't be too hard for Spesh to find in the event of a warranty claim.

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
Hi and thanks for sharing!

Just a short question: Would another gear ratio also be possible? Just adding a few km/h mp/h?!

Alex @ PLANET3.bike

Jun 18, 2019
Zagreb
Just a short question: Would another gear ratio also be possible? Just adding a few km/h mp/h?!

Nope. At least not with this configuration where the ring gear is the input of motion, and the other one is protected. :) If you'd like more speed, you're welcome to come to me!

However, @LD.MTB - nice work! It looks like you actually have involute splines and everything. Far better work than the LSS ever was. Module looks slightly too big, so your planet teeth are rather undercut. I'd say remove 1 tooth from the planet and use a small positive profile shift coefficient so the planet's teeth get wider, but since the module is such that you have only 12 on the planet, it might just be a better idea to use a next smaller module and then remove 1 tooth from the planet & shift the profile. It'll just be more durable and look more "natural".

o/

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
Only speculation, but if you record your rides on mission control ( which only works with gps enabled) a discrepancy between what the magnet reads and what the GPS say's wouldn't be too hard for Spesh to find in the event of a warranty claim.

We're going to have to give you a new tpu, we have no idea what is wrong with yours but but the computer is all screwed up, it reads like you have a 150t rear gear, well that or moved to a 10t front. No idea what's going on, but we're sure you definitely didn't try to bypass the speed sensor because you didn't plug anything electrical in.

Nubium

Mar 3, 2021
France

View attachment 25618 View attachment 25619
View attachment 25620
Hi. This looks great. I have a 2018 levo and was using the bluelight app ( I think) to change the wheel size , but this no longer works. Any idea if this will fit a 2018 levo ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles