Design the perfect post covid steam punk ride

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
The world went mad pre covid, but now that global supply has given us a massive kick in the credit card, lets design the perfect post pandemic steam punk ride.

Forget those 3 different incompatible 12 sp gear options, forget the argument between shimano hg and sram xd , settle on shimano and put our faith in Gary - 10 sp it is, zee shifter and mech, deore 11-36 cassette so the mech is short and safe. Add a free "All hail Gary" t shirt when you bulk buy from www.itoldyouso.com

Now, for brakes - god knows how many different disc brake pads, mineral vs syntheitc vs cable options we need to consider. I'm thinking hope , because I've had a few weeks with sram guiding me off the track and for some reason every time my index finger twitches " hope" flashes into my subconscious. Sure, ice tech sounds cool, but I'm not sure slippery brake discs make sense?

Wheels.....mullet might be on trend, but we all know Gary is sniggering in his workshop and secretly stocking up on used 26 inch rims. As delivery times for rubber stretches into seasons, you'll all be watching the fresh 29 front perish whilst waiting for a 27.5 rear.

But what about pedal strikes? Well, glad you asked - make sure you have a spare shock pump so those massive diameter ultra long forks can be brought back to 25% sag . Oh, and a spare set of suitably battered composite flats . BIG spikes, it's a steam punk thing.

Shall we talk epoxy? Carbon IS repairable. In another year or two invisiframe will rename themselves invinciframe , bring out the postpandemic patch kit, and we'll all be bragging about large diameter frames instead of drooping seat tubes.

Now, back on topic. Power supply. Down in coal city we've had massive floods and that big black hole is about to fill with water. Even if the power lines hadn't all been knocked over by trees, they'll still need to survive next bush fire season. I'm tired of putting my energy where the sun doesn't shine - the bike is getting charged by solar , my own inverter, and I'm wondering about replacement batteries. I wonder what the accountant thinks about my super fund investing in levo sl range extenders?

Reactions: EME

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles