Dengfu E10 is this the right fork n shock before I buy?

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Please excuse the question but I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger, can anyone confirm that these are correct items for my 17" frame I've ordered?

View attachment 74935
I'd look into Putting on a new C3+Rockshox released this year called 2023 models, ZEB, Lyrik, & Pike all have the new Damper system Charger3 I think it was called. Runs Buttercup Damper, 44 offset for front shock, & the 2023 Models are as good as the Fox Grid 2 setup for the E10. Hope this helps. Only front fork-made Rockshox that can have the Dampers upgraded from 2,1 to Butter Cup. So maybe a good way to save money. Buy 2020 ZEB & upgrade to 2023 by having internals swapped. I Run Two 27.5-inch rims on my E10(Luna Cycles X2 Ludicrous) & I have great control, But it still needs some upgraded Rims Hubs, before I can run her hard. I plan to use Winter to modify my bike too. Hope this helps some. I am writing from memory so sorry if I got anything wrong. But the 2.1 damper in a Zeb Model can be upgraded to 3.0 buttercup. Only Zeb.

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
does 180 feels too much travel for you? have any issue with headtube damage?
if i run 180 should i up to 216x63 or can i stay 210x55?
The new 2023 Rockshox running C3+ Buttercup Damper setup w/ Debonair+ now compares to Fox Grid2, I rided LUna Cycles X2 Ludicrous runing 2.1 damper Debonair, I know I can upgrade my Yari 160mm to 180mm by changing the internals to a lyrik 180mm 2.1 Damper system. I think if your using E10 Dengfu frame as long as the 44offset is used, yeah I think you could go as far as 190mm up front if running 29" rim you can go even bigger(Mulllet Conversion I think it's called). MY Problem is figuring out the rear shock, have crappy 210x55mm Deluxe Rockshox from 2020 Debonair nothing special. I desperately can't wait to upgrade shocks so I can take real down hill and off road rides. I Need rims too.

The new HUSQVARNA HARD CROSS newest release this year runs 180mm front fork & rear 180mm travel rear shock. I'd stay at 210x65mm or upgrade to 230/65mm if you can fit it. I watched tons of reviews and informals on shocks, & sometimes it comes down to quality & design. Some 150mm Like Husqavarna Mountain cross run nicer then my YARI C3 Debonair 2,1 Damper 160mm of travel. With my setup that come ons on LUNA Cycle X2 V2, get to much travel a 3 foot bunny hop or drop uses almost all of my travel. Same in the rear. Best examples I can give there is
EMBN Youtube site where they compare different types of front forks/ rear shocks of different sizes. against each other. Great Youtube channel helps me a lot. PARKER TOOL is another great one to follow. I know I want to upgrade my Dengfu E10 to 180 maybe 190 but keep my 27.5 inch rims front and back. I think 180mm may be max for my Frame/rim combo. I'm not expert on engineering but have been really trying to figure this out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles