Decoy MX Seattube length

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
Considering a Decoy MX.

My YT Izzo (L) has a slightly longer reach and 20mm shorter seattube than a Decoy MX in XL. I am lucky that Izzo's 150mm post fits me perfectly when slammed. I guess this means I would have to to get a 125mm post for the XL Decoy Mx. That doesent seem ideal(?)

Please school me on bike GEO :p (This would be my second mtb ever, so I really lack the experience to understand all this...)
Why would YT design the Decoy with so much longer seattubes VS reach-numbers than "all" their other bikes? What am I missing?

Reach: 469 - Seattube: 470 - (Decoy MX, XL)
Reach: 467 - Seattube: 445 - (Capra, L)
Reach: 470 - Seattube: 435 - (Jeffsy, L)
Reach: 472 - Seattube: 450 - (Izzo, L)

Jagged

Sep 11, 2022
Asia
I think the Decoy is already a dated design by now compared to YT’s other models.

I wonder if a new Decoy will be announced very soon.

Neloz

Aug 10, 2021
London
I think the Decoy is already a dated design by now compared to YT’s other models.

I wonder if a new Decoy will be announced very soon.

The Core series only got released last year, they only change designs when it's needed/new tech introduced (such as a flight attended version, bigger battery version) not on yearly cycles like other brands. The next thing to come is the new larger batteries, after that will be the light ebike they're most likely designing to compete against those out at the moment. I don't think we'll see a major revision of the Decoy as the design isn't dated, it still is very much valid.

To answer OPs question, they designed the decoy with a specific feeling in mind, the geo reflects that to off-set the "heavy" feeling of an ebike and it works well without sacrificing much.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
A 470 seattube is not something you want. It limits your dropper length. I can only run a 170 dropper on my Ransom Eride which has a 470 seattube length. But yeah, dont buy one of these Decoys rn, its a dated design and there are many better options out there atm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles