Decoy Elite - Industry 9 Hydra bearing replacement

Hale_Storming

Oct 14, 2020
Munich, Germany
Hey Everyone, I need to replace my rear hub bearings. They didn't seem to last long, just 1000km but apparently that's normal for the Industry 9 Hydra hubs.

Anyways, I'm not sure which bearing set I need. Can anyone advise which of the following is correct?

1. Hydra MTN Rear 6-loch SRAM XD - Shimano HG

2. Hydra MTN Rear Center Lock SRAM XD - Shimano HG

3. Hydra MTN Rear 6-hole Shimano Micro Spline

For info, im using this site: INDUSTRY NINE Bearing Set | Hydra MTN Rear 6-hole Shimano Micro Splin, 79,50 €

Thanks guys.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So is your hub 6 bolt rotor or centrelock, Microspline or SRAM XD or Shimano HG?? You can specify which rotor just by looking at it, and which reehub by taking the cassette off.

ps If I were you I would tell them you are not satisfied!! 1000kms to wear out a set of bearings means either the bearings are cheap rubbish or the hub is not properly sealed. 1000kms to wear out a set of hub bearings is not normal!!

Hale_Storming

Oct 14, 2020
Munich, Germany
So is your hub 6 bolt rotor or centrelock, Microspline or SRAM XD or Shimano HG?? You can specify which rotor just by looking at it, and which reehub by taking the cassette off.

ps If I were you I would tell them you are not satisfied!! 1000kms to wear out a set of bearings means either the bearings are cheap rubbish or the hub is not properly sealed. 1000kms to wear out a set of hub bearings is not normal!!
Thanks mate. Do/have you run the industry 9 Hydra hub? The mechanic at my LBS said he see's this alot with these hubs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles