Dead levo

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
After a very muddy 20 miles got flashing red one flash blue battery lights flash back on red and blue etc. Switched of motor then back on it was ok for 200 metres same again so switched power off and wouldn't come back on .Started cycling home did 3 miles tried and on it came again ok for next 2 miles to house. It wasn't keen to switch on this morning took maybe 5 or 6 goes before it went on. Charged last night and ok then.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Seems ok now but have to wash it . What concerns me a wee bit is when you are out in the middle of nowhere and the bike is covered in wet mud if anything like this happens again
you can't really dry things off . Monday i did 15 miles through the hills from Tomintoul to Corgarf Castle in the wet again by the way , imagine trying to cycle back over the Lecht on a dead Levo . Ah the joys of Ebikeing and it's not winter yet watch this space.

martinf

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton
I had something similar with a previous Levo (2017) and it was caused by a ’cell imbalance’ in the battery, apparently, and Specialized replaced the battery under warranty (thanks to the excellent Pearce Cycles in Ludlow:). Another symptom was that it would only charge to 80% or so, and if I plugged it back in to top up I got the red/blue lights flashing. Hopefully this is not the problem in your case.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles