CYC conversion kits

Marjoriefinnegan

Jun 12, 2021
Uk
Sorry, forgot to say, square taper I'm afraid.

Had a blast round local woods this morning, nothing too death defying.
I certainly didn't need to turn it up higher than 2 out of the 5 power levels to get a real turn of speed up any of the hills, and mid 20's on the flat trails is a doddle.
Brother ran his at full power a few times but the bike is far more forgiving. At full power it really has pace.
Going along the road we were using level 1 and getting a very good lick on, and bear in mind we are both on dh bikes with 2.5's.
The noise from the motor is noticeable, certainly compared to a bbs bafang, but it isn't offensive.
Think I've done about thirty five miles this week, probably half of it on throttle only, before the battery gave up.

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I did a little looking earlier on, only a couple of distributors here in blighty and none with stock for what I would want, unfortunately.
Will do a little more research or may go the full Cheeb and rob bits off other bikes?

Marjoriefinnegan

Jun 12, 2021
Uk
full

full

Still haven't built the battery boxes, having too much fun riding them!
Brothers gt has a 4/14 battery, think the bike is an xl.

Marjoriefinnegan

Jun 12, 2021
Uk
full

Had a bit of a change around.
The Intense frame has moved on to a new owner after twenty odd years in my hands, and I picked up a lovely 2012 Turner dhr and moved everything across.
I can't be arsed to redo the battery at the moment, but you could fit a monstrous amount of cells in this frame if you wanted to.

zzkazu

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
I’m in Australia and contacted a local distributor and he had 1 in stock, deal done. Battery was part of the package. Took 4 days from ordering to delivery. I guess it’s where you are. So far really happy with it and yes it’s not as noisy as on videos. Plus I used a Muc off ceramic lube on chains which helps with the noise. When you are in race mode under full power and shifting through the gears it sounds like a formula 1 race car, well that’s my take on it. May do a video on single track when I can
Yogi, can you share who was the local supplier? I'm based in Canberra.

Nashwillis

May 16, 2021
TN
full

Had a bit of a change around.
The Intense frame has moved on to a new owner after twenty odd years in my hands, and I picked up a lovely 2012 Turner dhr and moved everything across.
I can't be arsed to redo the battery at the moment, but you could fit a monstrous amount of cells in this frame if you wanted to.
Bike looks good. How hard is it to build a custom battery pack? All the pre made ones won’t fit in my frame.
how is the noise on the motor? Most videos I see it has a high pitch whine. Wondering if it louder than a bafang or tongsheng

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Can't work out what's going on with that Intense M1?
BB looks sky high and head angle super steep
Looks to be a 2001/2 model and the M1 didn't have a particularly high BB for a DH bike back then (around 14" in the mid setting) and the head angle was around 65deg
Those frames have 3 settings at the linkage shock mount and the low setting gave pretty low BB at 13.5" (which would still be considered low for a 2021 DH bike) and around a 64deg H/A.

Marjoriefinnegan

Jun 12, 2021
Uk
Hi Gary. Two settings on the linkage with the fifth element shock and that was set in the lowest. I think everything else was standard when i took the photo, although I ended up putting it in the longer wheelbase setting and adding a -1 slacker headset. She definitely was a twitchy thing compared to the more recent offerings though. The Turner is a lot easier to ride fast.

Nashwillis... Thanks:) It's not too hard making a battery, buy good quality cells and strip, a decent battery welder (we got an Arduino jobbie) and take your time. Add a bms to that list.
I really need to make another for the Turner - The Intense pack doesn't look great in there.
Edit to add... It's quite loud compared to bafang but not horrible.

Last edited:

Thardin

May 14, 2022
Palo Grande Panama
full

Ghetto battery installation for testing, hopefully on the road tomorrow weather permitting.
21700 batteries in a 14s3p configuration with BMS.
3d printed carbon nylon adaptors to make bottom of downtube flat.
All up weight of 24.74kgs with 2.5 knobblies.
Hey there! I'm running a Haro DHR which is the same as the M1. I have an X1 v2 kit in the USA with the bike, waiting for me to return in a month to do the build.

I have Captain Codswallop printing me a kit for the BAC2000 controller. He needs my downtube diameter in order to set up the 3d print. I was hoping maybe I could get the info from you to pass on to him, so I don't have to wait until I return to provide a measurement for him.

Any help on that or any info about the Build on the M1 would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM me, but I'm new so not sure if I can receive them yet.

Marjoriefinnegan

Jun 12, 2021
Uk
Hi.
Wish I could help but the Intense went to a new home. I think it may have been 56mm diameter but couldn't be 100%
Fitting the kit is easy enough but you'll run into problems mounting the battery, in hindsight I would have been better off running a back pack battery.
My only advice would be... Be careful. The Intense was a twitchy monster with a stealth kit so a full fat x1 will focus the mind;)

Thardin

May 14, 2022
Palo Grande Panama
Hi.
Wish I could help but the Intense went to a new home. I think it may have been 56mm diameter but couldn't be 100%
Fitting the kit is easy enough but you'll run into problems mounting the battery, in hindsight I would have been better off running a back pack battery.
My only advice would be... Be careful. The Intense was a twitchy monster with a stealth kit so a full fat x1 will focus the mind;)
Ok, thanks for the response. I was hoping you still had a contact for the file used for the 3d printed battery base. I spent a bunch of time on the bike, and was comfortable with it, but that was a while back. We will have to sneak up on full power....

Marjoriefinnegan

Jun 12, 2021
Uk
Ok, thanks for the response. I was hoping you still had a contact for the file used for the 3d printed battery base. I spent a bunch of time on the bike, and was comfortable with it, but that was a while back. We will have to sneak up on full power....
Hi.
Sorry, didn't keep the file but have found a base which was 46mm across and about 17.5mm deep, so if you imagine an oval 46mm across and 35mm deep cut in half you're about there:)
I was very comfortable with the intense, but add the 'baby' motor and it was a bit of a handful. Would recommend running it in the lwb setting of you're not already, and a -1 degree headset helped.

Marjoriefinnegan

Jun 12, 2021
Uk
Ah, I've seen your bike on the cyc Facebook group:)
Can you fit the controller in that 'hole' in the frame? Nicely tucked out of the crap then.
My brother had one of the first sets of SMT's that they made, amazing forks!

Thardin

May 14, 2022
Palo Grande Panama
Ah, I've seen your bike on the cyc Facebook group:)
Can you fit the controller in that 'hole' in the frame? Nicely tucked out of the crap then.
My brother had one of the first sets of SMT's that they made, amazing forks!
I'm not sure. I thought about it, but no way to know from where I am... I already paid for the controller mount, so I'll have that and can determine if it will fit there. That would be a clean location.

My goal is a clean install, so if I can keep things from hanging off the bottom, even better.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
The square taper was a huge red flag for me. This new gen 3 solves that and a ton more. Its looking pretty dialed. I think i could tuck this inside the front triangle on my commencal meta29

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
This guys bike looks so clean with the cyc unit inside the fron triangle. I just happen to have one of these bikes. So tempted

FB_IMG_1668998970765.jpg FB_IMG_1668998983481.jpg

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thank you! Now to look for a used one for sale.
If youre looking for a large, a friend is just posting up his frame on pinkbike. He's in vernon bc. I dont know the details but he really looks after his bikes. I doubt he used it much. He was injured and when he was riding he was riding his bullit emtb a large majority of the time.
I have a medium complete im considering selling just not sure. Ive barely used it. Like you im thinking of adding a cyc bolt on motor to it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles