Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Product Image:
Bead bro.png

Product name: Cushcore Bead Bro
Price paid: £13 each
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: Have run inserts for the last few years (rimpact pro) and it's always been a bit of a battle to get the tyre back on with the insert. Have tried all the methods from sitting wheel on a round bin to spraying with a water/washing liquid mix. Have always managed to get the tyre on but only after juggling several tyre levers and lots of swearing (even more swearing when you then realise the directional tyre is the wrong way round :) ).

The bead bro popped up in one of my feeds a little while ago and decided to give it a go. Bought 2 of them (they're sold individually but you really need 2 to make it easy) and have just fitted a new Maxxis Maxx grip dh casing tyre and rimpact pro with relative ease using these. No bin or washing liquid required. Using the bead bro just needed one final use of a lever for the last part on both sides. Not an essential tool but definitely made the job easier as they held the tyre in place and pushed it far enough into the rim to create that bit of slack you need to get the last part on.

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
These look interesting, I've seen some pictures of them in use.

I've not yet needed tools other than 1 lever (usually none) to get tyres on with rimpact and cushcore. I always find the trick to be to tuck the whole bead into the centre channel as you're putting the tyre on. Strangely enough the inserts help to hold the bead in the channel as you're putting it on. Usually I'll only need to use my hands to get the tyre on.

I've changed a heap of motorcycle tyres so I guess that helps with technique.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Oh I wish I had the skill or luck to pop a tire on without tools.
Adding a CushCore requires another step/technique. Besides soapy water and a garbage can, the larger tire levers help but a third hand(or two) comes in handy. Might try these.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles