Cube Stereo Hybrid - Error 532 - Loose battery?

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
On my ride yesterday my Kiox displayed error 532 and lost all power. I turned the bike off and on and then it was OK for 30 mins until it happened again, and it seemed to keep doing this every 30mins to 1hr. Looking online it seems this error means " its a problem with the connection between battery and drive unit". They resolved the issue by adjusting the battery retaining catch.

I am thinking this is also my issue, as my battery moves around quite a lot when locked into position, as below -

The problem is I can't see anyway of adjusting the lock mechanism, its a 2020 Cube Stereo Hybrid 140.

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
I have removed and reseated / locked the battery pack. That is how it sits. I’m just unsure if they always have that amount of play or not?

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Can´t check it this week, but don´t remember to see that play in the full engaded position. I have idea that it´s necessary to push it all way in to a full engangement and then remove the key (I´ve done it in several bikes already) . Perhaps in some you have to push it a litle harder than in others. This is Bosch standart equipement/set up.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
I've used Sugru as extra support for the battery. This is my battery tray.
A 5g pack makes a ball about 18-20mm wide so I stuck half a ball in 6 spots, wrapped the battery in cling film (to stop it sticking) and refitted it. left it for 24 hours to cure and the Sugru is solid, but still has a little give. No problems getting the battery in or out.
As you can see the sugru gets squashed down adding support, as there was a fair gap to the tray.
The blob in the middle at the bottom is a screw covering grommet for the cable tray that sits under this battery tray.

This is a 2020 160 Action Team

20210608_214403.jpg

Gilbo

Nov 16, 2022
Isle of man
Bump, does anyone else's battery sit loose like this?
Hi
I stuck a strip of 10mm thick dense foam to the top of my battery width ways. Tight locking back in but no more rattles. Also check how hard your suspension is set and how high your tyre pressures are. Hard ride = more rattles.
Gilbo

LlamaDave

Nov 23, 2022
UK
There is definitely play on mine.
Got exactly the same play on mine, brand new Reaction Hybrid 625. Is this totally normal or is the battery meant to click a second time as it's pushed in and make a firm movement-free connection? I can see the metal lock engage into the top of the battery when turning the key lock, but is this enough to stop it falling out? Surely shoudn't be seeing this much play in the battery?!

LlamaDave

Nov 23, 2022
UK
I've used Sugru as extra support for the battery. This is my battery tray.
A 5g pack makes a ball about 18-20mm wide so I stuck half a ball in 6 spots, wrapped the battery in cling film (to stop it sticking) and refitted it. left it for 24 hours to cure and the Sugru is solid, but still has a little give. No problems getting the battery in or out.
As you can see the sugru gets squashed down adding support, as there was a fair gap to the tray.
The blob in the middle at the bottom is a screw covering grommet for the cable tray that sits under this battery tray.

This is a 2020 160 Action Team

View attachment 86990
Totally thought about doing this, or maybe some sticky-backed foam padding but won't this then pres on the battery cover? Just worried over time it'll put more strain on the battery than themovement itself.

Can't make my mind up which is more of a problem, tight-fitting pressure or rattling about!

Eliadn

Jul 25, 2022
Croatia
Got exactly the same play on mine, brand new Reaction Hybrid 625. Is this totally normal or is the battery meant to click a second time as it's pushed in and make a firm movement-free connection? I can see the metal lock engage into the top of the battery when turning the key lock, but is this enough to stop it falling out? Surely shoudn't be seeing this much play in the battery?!
There is a second click, for the first one you have to turn the key when inserting the battery. I have zero movement on mine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles