Cube shock mount question.

TWalker9645

May 23, 2023
Edinburgh
Hi, I'm needing some advice as there's nothing online. I need to mount a shock and the sizing says 8x22.2mm for the hardware which I have but it came with this part and I was just curious as to how it mounts if someone would be kind enough to share a picture or something?

The bike is a Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC SL 750.​

Thanks!

cube_achse_lagerset_dmpfer_montage_20-01906_88436_2200x1760_1280x1280@2x.jpg

TWalker9645

May 23, 2023
Edinburgh
No one able to help? I got the frame as a replacement from cube and the shock mounting bolt came with the extra parts and I can't figure out how they work with the fox mounting hardware installed on my shock. Thanks!

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
What shock do you have? Do you have any more pictures of the bolt and shock mount?

The part you have linked to looks to be the same as on my action team with the fox float X.

If so the bushing pushes into the frame on the right hand side with the tapered part facing out.
I can't remember if the washer or the bolt is tapered to match the bushing.
If it's the washer put it onto the bolt so it is facing the taper in the bushing then screw in the bolt and torque it up.

if the taper is on the bolt the washer goes into the frame first followed by the bushing

It should be obvious which has the taper to match the bushing but pictures to confirm would help as I did it a while ago.

Last edited:

TWalker9645

May 23, 2023
Edinburgh

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Had mine apart today actually, so yeah hold the black bolt in your hand, slide the silver bush on to it, then slide the washer on so it's cone mates into the silver bush you just put on, then slide the whole lot into your frame and shock.

You probably already know but you'll want threadlocker of some sort on the thread, same goes for the other two shock mounting bolts. These bolts have a fairly low nM torque setting so threadlocker is a must.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles