Cross country routes in Morzine area

ChrisP

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
East Yorkshire
Hi. A few of us have booked to go to the French Alps next June (all e-mtbs of course) and was wondering if anyone on here has done any of the cross country routes around the Morzine area? Any hints or tips on the best CC trails for e-mtb in that area would be most welcome.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Not cross country as such but I've been venturing all over the PDS since the 90s using the lifts to do the majority of climbing and ride trails all over. It's a great area for all sorts of riding and the shear amount of lifts allow you to ride further afield. The full bike lift network isn't open until July but there's still plenty scope for XC or DH using what's open in June. An old* mate from here has lived out there for over a decade now and runs Les Gets Bike School - Mcf Les Gets . They do bike lessons and guiding. including guided Emtb guided rides.
IMO if you've never been before getting a good guide as soon as possible is def the way to go and I'd definitely recommend Steven and the rest of the guides.

ChrisP

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
East Yorkshire
Thanks for your advice Gary. I have checked out your friend's website and may well use their services.
When you say that the full lift system is not open until July, is that because there is still too much snow up top?

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I'd go later, as Gary said full access later and hopefully enuff time to dry up.
We're planning a trip for 2019 if I get a bigger van sorted and probably take my husky350 aswell as Vitus so loads of exploring to be done.
Check out wikiloc for routes, I've pulled loads for Moto trails.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles