Crikey, the Orbea forum is all RISE!

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi fellow 'Orbs

I have a 2021 Wild M10..... and feeling a bit lonely as there are not many posts regarding the Wild..... Why?

It's a great bike and better than my previous Levo, so are they not selling that well? I ride in the Surrey Hills (UK) and I have only seen 2-3 other WILDs

I wonder what the ratio is for sales WILD vs RISE?

Show me your hands if you have a WILD :love:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Very nearly pushed the button on a wild recently. Was tempted by the upgrade in spec from my 20 levo comp....

@StevoKickstart you say you prefer it to your levo... what would you say is better / or worse?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I’m just waiting for my Ride Wrap kit to come in so that I can wrap my frame before building up my new replacement carbon frame. This colour looks amazing in person.

00AEEB49-6727-41D6-970B-88FE7C7EB098.jpeg

Jdof

Nov 6, 2021
Chile
The Wild is the ultimate Ebike. The suspension Platform is so close to perfection that I scratch my head thinking that is no much room to improve in that regard. A bike with so progressive leverage ratio begs a coil shock btw. The geo and sizing could have some improvement though. The head angle and reach are off for a bike with such capabilities. I went for the 455 reach (I’m 174 cm) and extend the fork to 180 so the head angle is now around 64,5, with just 6 mm of bb rise. Now is the bike I wanted…
Reserve carbon wheels, full AXS drivetrain and dropper, Magura MT7 with HC3 levers, Burgtec cockpit… this is the Ebike of my dreams.

0C8BF007-2752-4248-8036-A52AD2503467.jpeg

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
This is my steed, what a bike, I love it! Carbon bars are the only mod so far.
My only slight annoyance is that I'm through my first cassette at only 450 miles! I've gone for an XT cassette as a replacement and will fit it next week. Anyone else eaten through their Sunrace cassette so quickly?
Orbea Wild M10.jpg

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Very nearly pushed the button on a wild recently. Was tempted by the upgrade in spec from my 20 levo comp....

@StevoKickstart you say you prefer it to your levo... what would you say is better / or worse?
Hi JV,
I still have the Levo 2019 Comp Carbon which one of my twin boys rides (the other on my old Capra Pro Race). The WILD is most definitely an upgrade to the levo and the the cockpit is very similar actually.

Bets bits vs Levo:
- Suspension is miles better (both ends); the 38's are so reassuring
- The Bosch motor is also more reliable and the power delivery is more progressive, with a great TURBO
- You get miles more "bang for your buck" vs the Levo componant wise
- Looks better (my opinion)
- Battery level is in % rather then the "blue" indicator on the Levo
- The Levo motor is far more bulkier than the Bosch

Not so good:
- You do feel a little higher on the front end, but you quickly get used to it and it doesn't affect performance at all
- Sunrace cassette has only lasted 450 miles!!!
- I struggle getting the battery out, I have to prise it out with a screwdriver and it once fell on the floor as I prised it out (but it survived!)
- The charger is only 2 AMP; the Levo is 4 I think, so the WILD takes longer to charge?
- The KIOX is a bulkier control unit than the Levo TCU (some find this clunkier, but the KIOX shows a lot more useful info)

Hope this helps

Stevo
BTW The Levo is a great bike too!

Jdof

Nov 6, 2021
Chile
This is my steed, what a bike, I love it! Carbon bars are the only mod so far.
My only slight annoyance is that I'm through my first cassette at only 450 miles! I've gone for an XT cassette as a replacement and will fit it next week. Anyone else eaten through their Sunrace cassette so quickly?
View attachment 83115
That’s too little time for a cassette to wear out! My current cassette is a X01 that I’m being using since October 2018. This cassette has endured 3 bikes counting the Wild that I have since last October. Around 1.300 km with the Wild so far. I clean and lube the chain before every ride and change it just before it reaches 0,75. Always X01 chains. My rinding conditions are super dry and dusty year round. Hope this advice helps.

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
That’s too little time for a cassette to wear out! My current cassette is a X01 that I’m being using since October 2018. This cassette has endured 3 bikes counting the Wild that I have since last October. Around 1.300 km with the Wild so far. I clean and lube the chain before every ride and change it just before it reaches 0,75. Always X01 chains. My rinding conditions are super dry and dusty year round. Hope this advice helps.
Thanks for that; I do clean and lube after every ride. Riding in wet sandy loamy soil doesn't help I feel!
Oh well, I hope the XT will last longer as they are bloody expensive these days

yolo_MTB

Oct 13, 2020
California/USA
Agree, pretty annoying that the forum is littered with RISE posts. At least can people put WILD/RISE in their subject on their posts so you know which bike the questions are about?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Wild FS owner here - m team model

In an ideal world I'd like the chain stays to be 10mm shorter, the head angle 1.5 Deg slacker,and the reach 15mn longer, but can't have everything

I fitted a superstar 2 Deg Angleset which has moved the geo in the right direction. Also fitted an sram axs derailluer, and oneup 180mm dropper post, moved the kiox display to the top tube and bought an additional 500wh battery for those really big days out.

Great bike though.

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Wild FS owner here - m team model

In an ideal world I'd like the chain stays to be 10mm shorter, the head angle 1.5 Deg slacker,and the reach 15mn longer, but can't have everything

I fitted a superstar 2 Deg Angleset which has moved the geo in the right direction. Also fitted an sram axs derailluer, and oneup 180mm dropper post, moved the kiox display to the top tube and bought an additional 500wh battery for those really big days out.

Great bike though.

Do you still have the front fork as a 160mm travel?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Yes, I think its fine at 160mm for my riding

fair enough, for a fairly responsible price you can put a 170mm or even a 180mm air shaft in your fork and that will slacken your HA 0.5 to 1 degree. I've done that with mine and the change was very welcome, no downside in my honest opinion.

I can still climb up hills on the bike that I could barely walk up.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
fair enough, for a fairly responsible price you can put a 170mm or even a 180mm air shaft in your fork and that will slacken your HA 0.5 to 1 degree. I've done that with mine and the change was very welcome, no downside in my honest opinion.

I can still climb up hills on the bike that I could barely walk up.
Mine has the fox 36 ebike fork,which has thicker walled stanchions and uses fox 34 internals,so I don't think there is an option to increase travel, apart from by buying a new fork

Renton

Aug 4, 2021
Droitwich
I personally think the geometry on the wild is a bit dated now compared to other bikes and should be update.

The seat tube is too long and the reach too short.

I loved my wild but found the alloy model a bit flimsy at the rear end too.

Jdof

Nov 6, 2021
Chile
Mine has the fox 36 ebike fork,which has thicker walled stanchions and uses fox 34 internals,so I don't think there is an option to increase travel, apart from by buying a new fork
Hi, you mean the 38 fork? The Fox 36 E uses a standard 36 shaft. The 38 uses a 34 shat inside a floating cartridge. I change my. 38 shaft with no problems at all. All Fox forks uses interchangeable air shafts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles