Creaky Pivot Points

Hale_Storming

Oct 14, 2020
Munich, Germany
Hey Everyone,

I'm getting a lot of creaking on my Elite. Thinking about greasing the pivot points myself rather than my LBS.

Has anyone got experience with this and do you have any tips?

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Hi, please check that when you install the battery that you first tighten the bottom bolt and then the top one. Slight incorrect installation of the battery can cause quite some creaking. Also check head set is tightened correctly.

If that does not solve it then go to crease the pivot points starting with the main pivot one and the other that attaches to the main frame (sorry cant remember the name :( ). They are easy to remove and grease. No need to go to LBS, but I do not know how good you are mechanically ;)

p.s. I use MOBILGREASE XHP 222 .

Last edited:

Hale_Storming

Oct 14, 2020
Munich, Germany
Hi, please check that when you install the battery that you first tighten the bottom bolt and then the top one. Slight incorrect installation of the battery can cause quite some creaking. Also check head set is tightened correctly.

If that does not solve it then go to crease the pivot points starting with the main pivot one and the other that attaches to the main frame (sorry cant remember the name :( ). They are easy to remove and grease. No need to go to LBS, but I do not know how good you are mechanically ;)

p.s. I use MOBILGREASE XHP 222 .
Thank you!!

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
The first HEX bolts are to remove the taper washers. Behind them is a second HEX bolt to take out the main pivot (20) and lower link axle (26)--> ( see drawing) . The taper washers can be a bit stuck, wiggle them out. Also drawing shows where grease should be applied.

Also see this thread: Main pivot removal - EMTB Forums

Attachments

• DECOY_CF_TECHNICAL_INFORMATION_CUSTOMER.pdf
    719.8 KB · Views: 212

Hale_Storming

Oct 14, 2020
Munich, Germany
The first HEX bolts are to remove the taper washers. Behind them is a second HEX bolt to take out the main pivot (20) and lower link axle (26)--> ( see drawing) . The taper washers can be a bit stuck, wiggle them out. Also drawing shows where grease should be applied.

Also see this thread: Main pivot removal - EMTB Forums
Thank you, that's really helpful!

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles