Crank falling off

pgrbff

Jun 29, 2021
Serole
The crank on one side of my son's e Haibike fell off this morning. I took everything apart, cleaned it all well and reassembled it. I didn't have an 8mm hex to put on the torque wrench, I'm not used to bikes but by car standards, 55N is not a lot. the outer 10mm was done up to the required 15N.
It fell off again. The inner bolt had come undone and it is covered in aluminium dust.
I think at some stage it must have come off and he just quickly did it up again, the teeth on the crank are a bit mangled at the ends, but it felt solid enough when I put it back together.
Any ideas? I have no idea about bikes.

pgrbff

Jun 29, 2021
Serole
Reading some of the old threads it looks like the cranks will need to be replaced. I have never been able to get a spec list for the bike as it is a special produced for the Italian market.
What do I need to know when looking for new cranks? Just which motor they will be used with? In this case a Yamaha PW X2.

Jay Bird

Aug 22, 2022
Mill Valley, CA
Reading some of the old threads it looks like the cranks will need to be replaced. I have never been able to get a spec list for the bike as it is a special produced for the Italian market.
What do I need to know when looking for new cranks? Just which motor they will be used with? In this case a Yamaha PW X2.
I don’t know about that brand but for a shimano motor yes there are certain cranks that are “approved” for it. I’d guess yours is the same.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles