Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I'm stunned by this oilslick Öhlins

IMG_2291.jpeg IMG_2289.jpeg IMG_2284.jpeg IMG_2287.jpeg

Last edited:

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I actually really liked the very light creamy green that I had on my old 2021 Levo Comp. Looked very classy imho. Sadly that was stolen and I was deeply pissed off that I could only get gloss black on the replacement. Don't think I'd ever get gloss black again, even if I have to wait for a new model.

I appreciate the work that went into the bike in the pics. Definitely not my thing, though.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Cool color. Looks like a color for a chopped chort 68 Impala low rider. Cheech and Chong approved.
The colour changes as you walk around and look at different angles around the bike pretty cool don't need any support from C&C

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I've recently put Invisiframe on mine. The factory decals were no problem for me, even when I had to lift the film up again a few times when getting rid of bubbles.

mrhaboobi

Sep 17, 2023
New Zealand
Was that this model? How did you find that logo area could you get it flat? They are not deals but raised alloy letters?
I've recently put Invisiframe on mine. The factory decals were no problem for me, even when I had to lift the film up again a few times when getting rid of bubbles.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Was that this model? How did you find that logo area could you get it flat? They are not deals but raised alloy letters?
It was a turbo levo comp alloy. I'd assume they use the same methods to apply the factory decals to all their models.
No trouble going over the logo area. Didn't generate any bubbles as there are hardly any edges to speak of. Two quick tips:
- I wish I'd kept my factory protective film on the down tube, even if it risks a couple of small bubbles at the edges of it.. Much thicker than the Invisiframe.
- Not sure if the water bottle mounting is the same as on the gen 3 levo, but read this to potentially spare yourself some tears: Levo Gen 2 - Bottle Cage Screws?

mrhaboobi

Sep 17, 2023
New Zealand
It was a turbo levo comp alloy. I'd assume they use the same methods to apply the factory decals to all their models.
No trouble going over the logo area. Didn't generate any bubbles as there are hardly any edges to speak of. Two quick tips:
- I wish I'd kept my factory protective film on the down tube, even if it risks a couple of small bubbles at the edges of it.. Much thicker than the Invisiframe.
- Not sure if the water bottle mounting is the same as on the gen 3 levo, but read this to potentially spare yourself some tears: Levo Gen 2 - Bottle Cage Screws?
This bike is different. On the top tube the specialized logo is not a decal. It’s actually embossed . The logo physically coms out of the frame :). That’s the part I’m wondering about normal decals are fine. But the pressed metal will be challenging

IMG_4584.png

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
This bike is different. On the top tube the specialized logo is not a decal. It’s actually embossed . The logo physically coms out of the frame :). That’s the part I’m wondering about normal decals are fine. But the pressed metal will be challenging

View attachment 137057
Blimey! Never seen that before. They produce foil sets for each model and frame size. I'd guess they'd create a cutout around that area for that specific model. Send them a mail and ask! I had some questions for Invisiframe and they were very responsive. I'd expect the same from Ride Wrap

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway

View attachment 137057
That's so cool it's super discreet not easy to spot and when you touch it you can feel it so I suppose it's in the top tube mold.
I guess you'll have problem getting IF covering smooth over logo.

3dp

Aug 26, 2020
Stalyvegas
Still love my ’19 matt olive drab alloy FSR - milspec takes the dings and dirt and gives times to reflect on “chrome don’t get you home”

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
Don't think I'd ever get gloss black again, even if I have to wait for a new model.
Just wondered why? I would never have a black car again but quite like the idea of a black base Levo to transfer over my blue Hope gear.

Once a bike gets dirty it's easy to clean, particularly with Invisiframe.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Just wondered why? I would never have a black car again but quite like the idea of a black base Levo to transfer over my blue Hope gear.

Regarding cleaning its just as easy with Muc-off silicon spray I use it in between and just light hose bike after rides no need of bucket and soap

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany

Partly because I really like some of the other colours that Specialized produce. And partly as it looked a bit grubby from new. Every single spec of dust, every tiny finger contact shows. The matt Invisiframehas improved it immensely

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles