converting to tubeless

Hurrellmc'burrell

Apr 12, 2018
Tredegar
Hi guys after having my fifth pinch puncture on my e bike i have decided to take the plunge and purchase a kit including an airshot tyre inflator to turn my tyres into tubeless i have watched a few videos on youtube it seems easy enough but was just wondering if there are any hints or tips you kind people would like to share with me just for additional info my rims are tubeless ready and im running shwalbe nobby nics performance tyres (which i have read are ok for tubeless) as i said any info you guys could share would be very helpfull.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I had Nobby Nics (The basic cheap ones fitted as standard) on my KTM and if they are the basic ones they aren’t up to the job. I switched to Tubeless and swapped the Nobby’s out, then the bike nicked last May :(

If they are the basic ones I would look at getting a better Tyre as the basic ones are weak on eBikes and KTM chucked them on to sell the bike..

Do a search on YouTube and you’ll find loads of guys advising. I got mine done at my LBS who did it as part of buying the new tyres..

Eeh (bah gum) biker

Jul 5, 2018
Sheffield
5 hawthorn thorn punctures in one ride - Is that an all time record !!!!!

2.8 Butchers on front and back of my Kenevo.

Any sensible solutions greatly received.

Slime has been recommended.Any thoughts on that as an option please ?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Easiest way on the trail to mend a Tubeless puncture if you still have an issue with those tyres is:

Tubeless Tyre Repair

I had about 3 of these in my Tyre before, if the sealant doesn’t stop a leak. Easy to carry in your pack. Always carry a spare inner tube even if your tubeless as well!

I’ve just bought a second hand ebike finally having got the money together for one after mine got nicked and it’s currently tubed. Planning on going tubeless but I’m getting my LBS to do it!

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Nowt wrong with Nobbys - I have a pair on xm819 rims tubless since 2010 and they are still rock solid- yes there are thorns in the tires but I just leave them in and cut them off flush!!!

Also apart from punctures the tires can deform over obstacles whereas inner tubes can prevent this - so it is possible to get better traction without inner tubes.

Hurrellmc'burrell

Apr 12, 2018
Tredegar
Nowt wrong with Nobbys - I have a pair on xm819 rims tubless since 2010 and they are still rock solid- yes there are thorns in the tires but I just leave them in and cut them off flush!!!

Also apart from punctures the tires can deform over obstacles whereas inner tubes can prevent this - so it is possible to get better traction without inner tubes.
Cheers ???

Mission MTB

Jul 17, 2018
East Yorkshire
Hi guys after having my fifth pinch puncture on my e bike i have decided to take the plunge and purchase a kit including an airshot tyre inflator to turn my tyres into tubeless i have watched a few videos on youtube it seems easy enough but was just wondering if there are any hints or tips you kind people would like to share with me just for additional info my rims are tubeless ready and im running shwalbe nobby nics performance tyres (which i have read are ok for tubeless) as i said any info you guys could share would be very helpfull.

Go for it mate. The best upgrade you can make. In the 5 years I've been running tubeless (on 3 separate bikes), I've had not one puncture. Dead easy to do. Get stuck in.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles