Clip in footwear

EeeDup (Phil Seton)

Jul 21, 2022
Fingringhoe
Hi Guys.
Wanted to ask your opinion on Clip in shoes. I have ridden flats for years on various eMTBs. I fancy giving clips a try as every racer that I ride with uses them. My question relates to the stiffness of the shoe. I currently use vault peals with trailcross GTX. I see there is a trailcross pro available but can't see any reviews on this shoe. There's are several reviews of a similar trailcross shoe just not the pro version. They mention the sole being quite soft in comparison to say a hellcat. So what's everyone's opinion of the importance of the rigidity of the sole?
The Fizik Tera clima v2 is another shoe I like the look of.
Thanks Phil

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Don’t about shoes you mentioned, but check these. Have ridden with those shoes two season and those are excellent shoes and Shimano shoes lasts.

EeeDup (Phil Seton)

Jul 21, 2022
Fingringhoe
Yes they look good. I really like the long channel for the clips and the gator round the ankle. Do you also run Shimano pedals? I have got some Crank brothers Mallet. I think they have different clips to Shimano.
Kind regards Phil

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Yes they look good. I really like the long channel for the clips and the gator round the ankle. Do you also run Shimano pedals? I have got some Crank brothers Mallet. I think they have different clips to Shimano.
Kind regards Phil
It won't matter about the cleats being different ..you can still attach them to the shoes mentioned

Reactive

Apr 15, 2022
SF Bay Area, CA
Last month, maybe two, I tried on a dozen mtb shoes. Finally settled back onto the Sidi clipless. As an argument the Shimano clipless were really close but I had a pair of Sidi for 20 years and the new Sidi compared to the Shimano clipless where a bit more comfortable. Also, I got the Sidi for about half price which essentially matched the price of the Shimano's.

I would recommend for you to order a bunch like I did from a vendor you can trust and return the product to as long as you do not ride in them. I tried them on the house and either immediately discounted the shoe or walked around the house for an hour or more.

sidi-mtb.jpg mtb-shoes.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Don’t about shoes you mentioned, but check these. Have ridden with those shoes two season and those are excellent shoes and Shimano shoes lasts.
I have both the AM 7 which is an excellent shoe and was the most comfortable shoe I had ridden in until I decided to buy a second pair to use while these were drying out ..( not every ride is a wet ride sometimes in summer we get two consecutive days of dry weather 😉 )..my other pair is the Shimano ME7 ..the AM's cousin ..and my go to pair when both are dry ..they are a better shoe but maybe a bit of bike tartishness comes into play as they also match the colour of my bike 😁
Shimano ME7 (ME702) SPD Shoes, Olive
I also paid nowhere near £120 when I purchased mine ..butcant remember how much !

Last edited:

tomisitt

Nov 11, 2022
UK
Flats for me. I tried cleats off-road, failed to unclip quickly enough, keeled over, and put my hand in a massive dog poo. Literally the most revolting thing ever 🤮

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles