Clank when lifting bike off the ground. E-160 S

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
if I lift my bike by the top tube as the rear wheel lifts off the ground there's a small clank that sounds like it's coming from where the rear suspension attaches to the top tube.
also feels like there might be 1mm or so movement there

I'm not sure if my bikes always been like that or not?

I did some research and it seems it's probably the Eyelet bushing that's worn, is that normal on a 3 month old bike that's done 500miles and never seen any big jumps or abuse?

From what I gather I need 1/2 x 1/2 bushings and the sram tool to squeeze them in?
also manual says you need 2x torx keys, I don't actually need 2? I can just undo them one at a time? then when I tighten them back up switch back and forth between the 2 sides until they are both at torque?

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Are the bolts tight? My bike had done over two years and the shock bushings are still fine.
Is the other end (the yoke) end tight?
IME this needs to be well tightened and thread locked to stop it coming loose and giving those symptoms. Awkward to do as the shock needs let down a little to allow access.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
fixed was just the torx25 screws at the top bar must have worked themselves loose a tad.

Whyte supplementary manual says 5-6nm so I did 5 and the clank is gone.

I don't have a second torx key but found a bunch of screw driver bits in my toolbox.

held a t25 screw driver bit in a pair of pliers to stop the opposites side torx bolt from spinning lol

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles