Chris Smith moving on from EMBN

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Sometimes the GMBN pods are ok, they're at least a departure from the relentles advertorial video content. The ride companion can be insightful around the racing scene but it's not what you'd call highbrow & the guy who runs it obsesses over the whole social media career thing which gets a bit tedious.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Downtime is my go-to, as previously mentioned, not EMTB related.
I used to like the HKT podcast (now the ride companion) but I felt myself getting stupider with every episode. I even donated a proper microphone to Olly because I was fed up with not being able to hear him properly.

Downtime is great, Chris lets the athletes speak and gets great information out of them, some of the ones he's done with companies are really inciteful.

Maybe we suggest that @Rob Rides EMTB starts one? I'm happy to be a regular contributor of talking nonsense. ;)

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I used to like the HKT podcast (now the ride companion) but I felt myself getting stupider with every episode.;)

One of the guys involved who isn't called Olly is all anti vax, WEF, plandemic, Rogan, Tate guff if you glance at his socials. I lost the will to live with him slipping bits of swivel eyed woo in to every ep. Still look at the clips now & then when they get someone interesting on.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
One of the guys involved who isn't called Olly is all anti vax, WEF, plandemic, Rogan, Tate guff if you glance at his socials. I lost the will to live with him slipping bits of swivel eyed woo in to every ep. Still look at the clips now & then when they get someone interesting on.
Yeah Davi lost me as a listener from one of his rants about Anti-vax and i think it was something about radiation from mobiles or something equally as stupid. Shame because when it was actually about bikes and the industry, it wasn't a bad podcast.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Oh excellent. Just up my street. Will give it a listen.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Bawbags, better go fix some boilers then, plenty of old ladies left to scam 👌

Screenshot_20230118-114306.png

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
These companies will be stuck with big inventory after Covid and lock downs as interest in biking drops off again. It was like this years back in the U.S. when gas went up and biking interest took off only to plummet back down again. But I think the E-bike sector of the market will continue to rise especially globally but the prices will be dropping . . . Here is that Giant layoff commenter on Youtube ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9yMYFzb43E

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I think you simply lacked brownie points ( thats Brownie as in Cubs, scouts, Guides etc!!) :unsure:
ahh, totally unqualified for the job.. shame cos I reckon I could have had a right laugh working there.
applied for a laugh in the first place, then I thought about how cool it would actually be to get it but was never really in the running.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Well- given the global excess deaths, severe heart issues in 1 in 1000 high school kids- rapid turbo cancers and healthy people of all ages dieing suddenly- maybe you should have listened better 😀

Last edited:

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
These companies will be stuck with big inventory after Covid and lock downs as interest in biking drops off again. It was like this years back in the U.S. when gas went up and biking interest took off only to plummet back down again. But I think the E-bike sector of the market will continue to rise especially globally but the prices will be dropping . . . Here is that Giant layoff commenter on Youtube ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9yMYFzb43E

E-Bikes are not selling really well right now.

Ridiculous amount of 2022 eMTBs in inventory right now that didn't move that much even with sales.

Things will get ugly for dealers real soon.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Good news. Although Im unlikely to ever buy a haibike. At least the content should be more adult than pilgrim put out.

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
I'd never touch a Haibike again. Yes it was reliable for 2000 miles, but customer service & warranty over a wheel rim was appalling. It made it hard to sell too.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Good news. Although Im unlikely to ever buy a haibike. At least the content should be more adult than pilgrim put out.
Nothing says well adjusted quite like looking forward to stuff from a brand you dislike now it's no longer repped by someone you've never been forced to watch.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
look lads !!! another vacancy but you'll have to have the energy to ride normal bikes :eek:
so, who's moving on?
anyone reckon Neil is gonna go to EMBN and they hire into his position at GMBN?

who applying?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Can you write & present fifteen videos a year on what to take with you on a ride while shoehorning in a bunch of nice words about Peaty's, Ergon & Vittoria?

Yes.

Welcome aboard lad.
FTFY ;)

Can you write and present fifteen adverts a year or detail how to clean your bike. make 7 how to drop, jump or wheelie videos per year, shill for anyone who might be a current sponsor, shill for anyone that is a potential sponsor and generally be a vanilla as possible in your opinion..

yes

welcome aboard lard

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
look lads !!! another vacancy but you'll have to have the energy to ride normal bikes :eek:
so, who's moving on?
anyone reckon Neil is gonna go to EMBN and they hire into his position at GMBN?

who applying?

Neil always struck me as being pretty sceptical about EMTBs...although he was "nudged" to do a couple of videos on an EMTB Lite. Maybe it is Doddy that is moving on and Neil filling that gap??

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Neil always struck me as being pretty sceptical about EMTBs...although he was "nudged" to do a couple of videos on an EMTB Lite. Maybe it is Doddy that is moving on and Neil filling that gap??
They all look like there have off day's the way they talk and mannerisum
There's got to come a time when it must get boring to them repeating alot of the things about bikes after all it's just a job like any other

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles