Cheers from Nelson, BC Canada

JPenge

Feb 2, 2023
Nelson BC Canada
I bought my first e-mtn bike last year after several years off from riding due to painful knees. I am 67 and decades of riding steep mountains took its toll. What a game changer ebikes are! I bought a commuter ebike at the beginning of the pandemic which brought back all the joy of riding again. Didn’t use my car much except for winter months. That sparked an interest to try trail riding again. Hard to wait for the snow to disappear though I do enjoy skiing! Cheers.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Welcome back to the joy of biking! I have ridden in Nelson many times as it has so much to offer but those FSRs and climbing trails just beg for an emtb if you dont shuttle! What trail bike did you get?

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I bought my first e-mtn bike last year after several years off from riding due to painful knees. I am 67 and decades of riding steep mountains took its toll. What a game changer ebikes are! I bought a commuter ebike at the beginning of the pandemic which brought back all the joy of riding again. Didn’t use my car much except for winter months. That sparked an interest to try trail riding again. Hard to wait for the snow to disappear though I do enjoy skiing! Cheers.
Welcome!

Ah yes, those pesky knees, tell me about it :(

As usual skied in the Dolomites over Christmas but my very second hand left ACL said "no more" so that's that. :(

Ah well, can still kitesurf and mountain bike so that's OK, but have a Trek Rail because getting up the hills is hard, and fortunately pedalling is good for my shitty knee.

I'm 76 this year btw.

Edit: forgot to say, wore a Donjoy Fourcepoint knee brace when skiing, and wear it when kitesurfing, but not for cycling.

Last edited:

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Wait for the snow to clear you say ?
Why ? 😎 Welcome n enjoy the new life 👍

1675441425288.jpeg

Armor11

Dec 26, 2022
BC, Canada
Welcome, from another fellow BC resident. Just bought my first EMTB as well (Levo Comp), loving the E part :sneaky:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles