Levo Gen 3 Changing stem on 2022 turbo Levo expert

Rockyw

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
I want to change out the 50 mm stem on my 2022 Turbo Levo expert, for a 35 mm Deity stem. In my manual it shows a top cap and bolt on top of the stem, but my bike has tool in the top cap, and no bolt. Is the top cap bolt underneath the fork yoke on this bike, and if so, how tight should it be ?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Yes, it's the bolt below the steering tube. It should be just tight enough you properly preload the headset bearings to have no free play before you tighten the stem bolts. After stem bolts are tightened to spec torque, you tighten below bolt again somewhere to 3-4Nm to secure it...

Bakewell Blue

Apr 2, 2023
Bakewell
Hi guys. Late on this but I’m thinking of swapping out my Levo stem too, think it’s a 50/55. What spec stem did you buy for the 35mm reach? Cheers

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
Hi guys. Late on this but I’m thinking of swapping out my Levo stem too, think it’s a 50/55. What spec stem did you buy for the 35mm reach? Cheers
Luckily, this is one of those standard things on bikes. For the most part, you need to know what length you want and what bar clamp width you are running (there are really only two sizes) To my knowledge, all Gen 3 turbos run a 35mm bar clamp.

So you'd be looking for something like this -- Stem

You might also need some stem spacers to get the proper fit but I swap stems all the time lately and never need to fuss with that anymore.

There are also things like Rise, Stack height, bar width, and clamp width, but I've found it pretty standard on modern bikes. Older bikes or more XC-focused bikes rise become a thing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles