Chain Regime

Shy Ted

Aug 20, 2019
Inbed
New chain regime: I decided not to ponce about with the odd chain here and there, then worry if the rest of the drive chain components needed changing so my new regime is this:

I’ve now bought 10 twelve-speed shimano chains, 40 quick links, four XT cassettes, 20 sets of jockey wheels and two chain rings.

I’ve put a board up in my garage, banged in 10 nails across the top which I hang the chains off of; a few hooks for hanging the other bits on; numbered them all so I don’t get confused.

And now I’ll be swapping over the chain after every ride; the cassette after every 3 or 4 rides and the chainring every 5 rides; the quick links will save too much damage to the chain as opposed to using a chain tool. Jockey wheels changed as and when.

It could be called a never ending cycle.

I know the initial setup cost is probably excessive but I might never have to buy another of these components ever again. Depending on how inflation goes it could work out cheaper in the long run. A grand well spent, I reckon.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Will hopefully last you until the beginning of next April. Did you order a box of spare volts for your battery at the same time to save on the shipping costs?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You were late, all pranks should be perpetrated before noon lest you yourself be considered the fool... :p

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles