Canyon Spectral:ON6 or Levo?

Mike S

Mar 6, 2019
Kent UK
Hi
I'm new here having lurked around for some time. My first MTB was the Muddy Fox Courier in about 1986, my current one is an acoustic Canyon Spectral bought 3 years ago. My road bike is a Carbon Specialized Roubaix so I am familiar with both brands.
Looking to embrace the new technology and take the slog out of the hills. I don't really have the facilities to charge the battery on the bike unless the weather is fine and will have to take it indoors. As such I'm moving from choosing the Levo which everyone raves about to the Canyon which appears to be more practical in terms of battery removal. Rides will be a blast around the local country park and will usually be 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. £3.5k is my limit so would probably have to look at last years Levo if I went that route. Any other suggestions?
Mike

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The canyon is going to be a better bike at that price range, especially if looking at it vs last years Levo.

If you are not going to be doing anything super aggressive, I would be tempted to look at the Neuron On. For your average rider looking to get out into the hills and trails, but not interested in jumping, getting super technical or crazy, I dont think there's a better value/suited to purpose bike out there at the moment.

Mike S

Mar 6, 2019
Kent UK
Thanks, yep I’m definitly not super aggressive, still have the feeling of panic when both wheels leave the ground! The reality is I don’t think I get anywhere near the capabilities of my Spectral, I’ll do big steps but even then I don’t think the front forks have got near to bottoming out, I’ll take a look at the Neuron.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
You are in a very lucky position right now as there are some great bargains to be had -if you can find something in your size.

You should be able to get a bike that RRP's for £5500 for £3000

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Thanks, yep I’m definitly not super aggressive, still have the feeling of panic when both wheels leave the ground! The reality is I don’t think I get anywhere near the capabilities of my Spectral, I’ll do big steps but even then I don’t think the front forks have got near to bottoming out, I’ll take a look at the Neuron.

This might change for you, as a 50lb bike doesn't ride exactly they same as a Luddite FS. its hard to describe but basically:

1 Getting air born is harder as the bike is heavier
2 You ride more "in" the suspension that "on" the suspension
3 if you do get some air intentionally or not, you will have a much safer and controlled landing (or at least you will when you get the right volume spacer in the rear shock)

Mike S

Mar 6, 2019
Kent UK
Thanks for all the replies, really helpful, it has made me consider some other models, am still coming back to the Canyon, seems to tick all the boxes for me.
With the way the EMTB technology is advancing I’m trying not to get sucked into waiting for the next ‘thing’.
I seriously looked at electric before buying my current acoustic MTB 3 years ago, what was advanced and expensive then is now standard which makes me feel a bit more comfortable in making a purchase now!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles